• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Might be time to change your VPN provider

PanthersATL

More details, such as background on the ExpressVPN CIO:

unsealed court filings described how Gericke as well as Marc Baier and Ryan Adams faced charges for their part in working on Project Raven. The court records say that the three violated the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and conspired to commit access device fraud and computer hacking offenses. The court records say that the three took a zero-click exploit, which allows takeover of a device without any user interaction, and implemented that into Karma, the hacking system used by the UAE's Project Raven. Project Raven involved the hiring of former U.S. intelligence hackers who then worked on behalf of the UAE government  https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-spying-raven

I use express since they have the best router VPN on the market. 

From what I understand the project that these people are/were involved in for the UAE is not related to ExpressVPN directly and only connected by virtue of one of the agents involved being the CIO. 

The sale of the business to Kape is somewhat concerning but, much the same as the Project Raven concern, it's more an ethical one than a functional one. I doubt very much that most people have anything to be concerned about as your VPN will work like a VPN still. People overly concerned about meta data collection (something that you're just going to have to get over in today's informational age unfortunately) might want to explore other options but the notion that you're being spied on directly is preposterous and generally stems from an over-inflated sense of importance. 

Of course I support anyone who decided to switch their VPN based on their own personal ethical choice and I'll probably explore that option myself, however, unless you're an activist against Israel or something the odds that you have anything to functionally worry about are close to 0%.

• Pie 1

• 11 months later...

I've never heard of this news, but I'm glad you shared it. It means that it's still right that I decided to use proxy servers not only to hide my location but also started using proxies for brand monitoring, which is the most important thing in my life right now because I know that proxies can provide more effective Brand protection and this, in turn, prevents brand abuse. And I believe that every person who has decided to build and run his online business in our time needs to study this. And in general, I've never liked using a VPN. For me, it's a too overrated thing.