• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trending the wrong direction? Not practicing today...

SgtJoo

9 minutes ago, TDGone said:

Will just have to disagree the hits are not adding up because none of his injuries are between the tackles but from the same spots on the field he would get from playing slot .That would be like telling Cam you can’t run with the ball from the QB position and have a lengthy career but if you switch to TE your career might last longer which they wanted to do in his early years with the Gators. Can didn’t want it and CMC doesn’t either which I think both should play the position we’re they are elite even if it shortens their career

McCaffrey has had a ton of carries in the last two years. You also have to consider his college career too. He had 632 carries for nearly 4000 yards and 22 touchdowns and 99 receptions for 1206 yards and 10 touchdowns. In three seasons. He's got a lot of miles for a 25 year old running back.

4 minutes ago, TDGone said:

Their was a certain QB this year everybody thought could make a switch because he was a big strong athlete and he couldn’t even grasp the little things like blocking

Who is everybody? Because most people thought he could *not* make the switch. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

McCaffrey has had a ton of carries in the last two years. You also have to consider his college career too. He had 632 carries for nearly 4000 yards and 22 touchdowns and 99 receptions for 1206 yards and 10 touchdowns. In three seasons. He's got a lot of miles for a 25 year old running back.

2020 and 2021 not to many touches but Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry are right their or more miles as you sayLike I said if it was a lot of surgeries then that would have me worried.  

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Who is everybody? Because most people thought he could *not* make the switch. 

A lot of the talking heads. They wanted him to switch years ago but he refused because he played QB all his life and didn’t want it and I think that’s what you will find out with CMC

Edited by TDGone

1 minute ago, TDGone said:

2020 and 2021 not to many touches but Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry are right their or more miles as you sayLike I said if it was a lot of surgeries then that would have me worried.  

He led the league in touches just two years ago and before the injuries last year he was on pace to repeat that. Three games in this season he was on pace to do the same. We can argue certain things but the numbers are there.

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

He led the league in touches just two years ago and before the injuries last year he was on pace to repeat that. Three games in this season he was on pace to do the same. We can argue certain things but the numbers are there.

But this year and last very little touches are the true numbers

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

The last 2 games last year he was healthy but we were out of the playoff hunt and kept him out which wasn’t a bad thing. I also think if Rhule knew we were contending fir the playoffs CMC probably would have came back from the ankle sprain and shoulder a little sooner. We are protecting him because Rhule knows our O line is terrible and we are still a couple seasons away from playoffs .When 75percent of our jersey sales are his the front office don’t want to damage that cash cow until they get it fixed

10 minutes ago, TDGone said:

But this year and last very little touches are the true numbers

How do you mean? Because of the games he missed? That's the concern. He made it three games last year and then he had the rest of the season and an entire offseason to get right. But sadly three games we are back to square one. The writing is on the wall and looking at trends and history of the league this only ends one of two ways. Either we adapt and use him differently or he could be playing elsewhere in a few years. There's few fairy tale endings.

CMCs career has been crazy. Especially me having   no dog in the fight. when signing him became an issue. I was very against the pick, but CMC shoved the crow down my throat early in year 2. 

I can’t remember any topic on here where every opinion put forward made some sort of sense. All of them. Sign him. Best RB in the NFL. Trade him. Sell high to start rebuild.  Make him wait. Probably a holdout and he would lose trade value instantly. 

And the answer sure isn’t to move him to a less valuable position. Running a few routes, in a mismatch on a S/LB, isn’t the same as facing a NCB on every route. Turning him into a better version of Cole Beasley, on a team with a 14M WR and coming soon a 20M WR. 

5 Totals     $30,122,927 13.53%
  Average     $7,530,732  3.38%
1 Robby Anderson 29 WR $16,836,666 7.56%
2 D.J. Moore 25 WR $11,116,000 4.99%
3 Terrace Marshall 22 WR $1,302,156 0.58%
4 Shi Smith 24 WR $868,105 0.39%

Add  CMCs 14.3M(or 26.6M to trade/cut)to that and that’s around 20% of the entire cap for next year on a position that won’t matter if the OL can’t block. And now they need a good RB(or two) to go along with 4 OL spots, and possibly a QB. Plus replace/resign Jackson, Reddick, D.Jones, a FS, a LB on DEF. And Burns is gonna want paid after this year. With the Steelers giving Watt 28M/yr, that should be a fun negotiation.

Just have to hope his luck changes again. He went 3 years mostly healthy. He’s still the best RB. Wait and pray he comes back close to 100% after y’all’s bye week. Take advantage of getting Hubbard some starter snaps and have him spell CMC more than has been done in the past. Keeping CMC out last year after he got hurt was one of the best moves this staff has made. If number of hits were the major problem, he just bought a year back from missing games the last two years. 

And after all that, I still believe there were no bad options. The best for the team would have obviously been letting him play out more of his contract before making a decision, but the ugly holdout would have made it tough on a new front office. While many are in panic-mode(with good reasons), there is no reason to devalue your own asset with a position switch. Especially one that would be tough enough to trade as it is, and eat 26.6M in dead cap. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

CMCs career has been crazy. Especially me having   no dog in the fight. when signing him became an issue. I was very against the pick, but CMC shoved the crow down my throat early in year 2. 

I can’t remember any topic on here where every opinion put forward made some sort of sense. All of them. Sign him. Best RB in the NFL. Trade him. Sell high to start rebuild.  Make him wait. Probably a holdout and he would lose trade value instantly. 

And the answer sure isn’t to move him to a less valuable position. Running a few routes, in a mismatch on a S/LB, isn’t the same as facing a NCB on every route. Turning him into a better version of Cole Beasley, on a team with a 14M WR and coming soon a 20M WR. 

5 Totals     $30,122,927 13.53%
  Average     $7,530,732  3.38%
1 Robby Anderson 29 WR $16,836,666 7.56%
2 D.J. Moore 25 WR $11,116,000 4.99%
3 Terrace Marshall 22 WR $1,302,156 0.58%
4 Shi Smith 24 WR $868,105 0.39%

Add  CMCs 14.3M(or 26.6M to trade/cut)to that and that’s around 20% of the entire cap for next year on a position that won’t matter if the OL can’t block. And now they need a good RB(or two) to go along with 4 OL spots, and possibly a QB. Plus replace/resign Jackson, Reddick, D.Jones, a FS, a LB on DEF. And Burns is gonna want paid after this year. With the Steelers giving Watt 28M/yr, that should be a fun negotiation.

Just have to hope his luck changes again. He went 3 years mostly healthy. He’s still the best RB. Wait and pray he comes back close to 100% after y’all’s bye week. Take advantage of getting Hubbard some starter snaps and have him spell CMC more than has been done in the past. Keeping CMC out last year after he got hurt was one of the best moves this staff has made. If number of hits were the major problem, he just bought a year back from missing games the last two years. 

And after all that, I still believe there were no bad options. The best for the team would have obviously been letting him play out more of his contract before making a decision, but the ugly holdout would have made it tough on a new front office. While many are in panic-mode(with good reasons), there is no reason to devalue your own asset with a position switch. Especially one that would be tough enough to trade as it is, and eat 26.6M in dead cap. 

Agree 100 percent with you a switch is not the best thing and not to forget the player his self wouldn’t want it