• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sometimes "all in on every deal" comes back to bite you.

classics

I just read a post stating that Henderson has only played about 20% of the defensive snaps. I know its early and he may yet develop into a good corner yet but looking at Arnold's play in Jacksonville, I can't help but think they made a mistake with the trade. Especially given how Darnold had already lost CM. Here are the two player's stats compared over the two games since the trade:

Henderson: 6 tackles - that's it.

Arnold: targeted 11 times, caught 7 (63% catch rate) for 94 yards. More importantly, 5 of those catches went for first downs. And for what it's worth, here are Anderson and Trembles' numbers during that same two game stretch: 34 targets, caught 14 ( 41% catch rate) for 128 yards with a total of 5 first downs. So basically Arnold is getting a 1st down almost half the time a pass is thrown his way while Anderson and Tremble get one every 10th pass. And if those numbers aren't bad enough, check out the article below:

Again, it's early and hopefully Henderson works out but right now, I would love to have Arnold back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/dan-arnold-on-his-immediate-impact-influence-on-trevor-lawrence-and-that-play

On 10/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, classics said:

I just read a post stating that Henderson has only played about 20% of the defensive snaps. I know its early and he may yet develop into a good corner yet but looking at Arnold's play in Jacksonville, I can't help but think they made a mistake with the trade. Especially given how Darnold had already lost CM. Here are the two player's stats compared over the two games since the trade:

Henderson: 6 tackles - that's it.

Arnold: targeted 11 times, caught 7 (63% catch rate) for 94 yards. More importantly, 5 of those catches went for first downs. And for what it's worth, here are Anderson and Trembles' numbers during that same two game stretch: 34 targets, caught 14 ( 41% catch rate) for 128 yards with a total of 5 first downs. So basically Arnold is getting a 1st down almost half the time a pass is thrown his way while Anderson and Tremble get one every 10th pass. And if those numbers aren't bad enough, check out the article below:

Again, it's early and hopefully Henderson works out but right now, I would love to have Arnold back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/dan-arnold-on-his-immediate-impact-influence-on-trevor-lawrence-and-that-play

We always knew we were trading for an unknown commodity. We traded for upside, just like we did with Sam Darnold. 

That said, I still like the trade. We need to get Tremble reps. Thomas is looking good. We need to build this team for the years a head and Henderson helps with that. 

• Pie 1