• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trench Stats(DL/OL)

kungfoodude

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Darnold is the second biggest part of the problem, IMO. 

1. OL

2. Darnold

3. Brady

If we fix any of the three things we will only get so much better, IMO. The OL can be improved, although it will take time. Brady MAY be able to improve but it also may be years after he is gone from here. Darnold's improvement chances are quite slim.

I would put a gap between 1 and 2 for this reason: 

QB is a 1 guy problem, the OL is 3 or more guy problem each of the last 3 weeks. Take your pick on which 3 too so it's more like 3.5-4 total. Only one out of 5 is good/great (Moton), and 1 other is marginal in the role he has been asked to fill (Erving). Really as it stands, 4 spots need to be filled (1 could be a shift from LT to LG)

I get we need a QB, but man the o-line is such utter garbage. Get it down from 3.5 to even 2 and then it's a coin toss to which is better: 4 good/great lineman  carrying the QB and coordinator or  3 OL and a good/great QB carrying the coordinator and 2 linemen. But I'm not sold a QB only change carries the rest of the lot unless it's a first ballot HOF guy. And we won't just pluck one from the sky this year or likely next either.

Edited by chbright
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I bet the farm during training camp Derrick brown was destroying the OL so bad the coaching staff asked him to let up some, thus he didnt evolve .....

Convid killed 2020 Johnny Miller, tho this past week he had his best 2021 game. 

Daley let me down bad, I had him as my darkhorse for LT. By week 4 I was completely off the daley train. about the worse OG play Ive seen in panther history. Bell and chandler are 2x better as OGs...

DL has alll the pressure and they are doing well. After an nothing game one, Fox and Jones have came to life in most games. Fox >> Efe btw..... Nixon has played GREAT as a rookie backup, always around the ball with max effort. Does feel like haynes is not getting the needed plays the panthers want. 

I think Burns is playing hurt, the team could be in trouble for hiding this.... 

Right now it went form Shaq being the best D player and now its Reddick.... CHinn had his best game of the year as well.