• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhules Contract.

TLGPanthersFan

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

This wasn’t part of the argument? But giving someone a 7 year deal does seem to imply that you aren’t going to fire them after the second year. Granted, Tepper could probably burn that money and not care. But considering his business background I’m going to say he has no trouble being patient and waiting for the process to play out.

If this team stays healthy it’s a borderline playoff team. That’s progress in year two. Rhule can’t control that the best player on the team is out and the two best players on defense are out. Could argue the 3 best players on the team have been out over the last 4 games and one of them is a rookie that Rhule preferred. That’s not bad team management. That’s bad luck. 

Bingo.  

13 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Dabo? Dabo is an idiot who is a snake oil salesman elite recruiter. He would be an abject failure in the NFL where you can't just out talent your opponent and win a couple of tough games a hear. He can't coach worth a damn and would be worse than Urban. 

the arguement wasn't Dabo should be a NFL coach.  Dabo is 100% a college coach. 

my point was only IF you are going to hire a college coach (which I don't endorse)....someone like Dabo makes the most sense to go to the NFL.  Specfically because of how Dabo has achieved his success.  Clemson's rise has been built around the elite QB.    Dabo's little Clemson dynasty follows the blueprint on the field of how NFL teams have real success.   Dabo knows for him to win, QB is really the end all be all.  Which is NFL football.  A Dabo type isn't going to think Teddy or Darnold paired with his ability would get it done. 

and you can out talent your opponents.  That is literally how Clemson's dynasty came about.  And it's how the NE one, Seattle one, etc all came about too.  You can out talent people at one position. That's the game.   Clemson's overall rosters during this run haven't even been in the ballpark with the Alabamas, Ohio States, Georgias.  Clemson just had it where it matters.  Which is all the NFL is. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

This wasn’t part of the argument? But giving someone a 7 year deal does seem to imply that you aren’t going to fire them after the second year. Granted, Tepper could probably burn that money and not care. But considering his business background I’m going to say he has no trouble being patient and waiting for the process to play out.

I guess my arguement essentially was....given his business background he wouldn't be so focused on the 3 million a year he is eating on the contract....if he believes Rhule is ultimately costing him 10s of millions a year.   

COVID already had his revenues down about 100 million last season.  Tepper is a big money guy. 

I don't think Rhule is out the door today.  But if the current tragectory of this season doesn't change and plays out as is?  I think that could be on the table to get rid of him.   Tepper IMO can't just be patient for 7 years and suck...it will cost him too much money.  It will cost him big Panther revenue.  And if his rep becomes of being a poo owner I think that preception would impact the soccer excitement too.  No one is going to believe he can build team 2 if he can't do anything with team 1. 

Rhule has to find a way to win.  CMC coming back will help but he has a massive OL/QB problem and not too many weak opponents left.  Given we got an extra game, Rhule needs to a way to climb to at least  6 wins this year.  Bare bones.