• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heinike

Paa Langfart

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But we're talking about 1 position.. The hardest position to find on the team.. I'm just saying most coaches get more then a year and a half to find there QB.. Especially when they done a solid job at most every other position... right??

That one position has lost and won more football games than both you and I can count.

For me, it’s not about finding the QB, it’s about not letting the QB that came back a chance to start with.

If Rhule gives Cam a chance we aren’t having this conversation.

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But we're talking about 1 position.. The hardest position to find on the team.. I'm just saying most coaches get more then a year and a half to find there QB.. Especially when they done a solid job at most every other position... right??

Most don't spend the type of resources we spent to go after the likes of Teddy and Sam within the space of a year either. Most don't have to swallow their pride and go back and beg the guy they cut to come back. Most don't end up facing off against another guy they cut and that guy ending up looking like prime Drew Brees against them. Those last two instances happened within the space of the last two weeks. 😂

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That one position has lost and won more football games than both you and I can count.

For me, it’s not about finding the QB, it’s about not letting the QB that came back a chance to start with.

If Rhule gives Cam a chance we aren’t having this conversation.

I agree but it doesn't change the fact it might take longer then a year in a half to find 1.. right..

I agree if Rhule stuck with Cam we wouldn't be here.. But I don't think that was Rhule plan alone.. Hurney's and Tepper green lite it after it seemed Cam was done.. He hadn't been healthy for 2 season and was looking for a long term deal for more then 25 million a season.. So I can't blame all if that on Rhule..

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Most don't spend the type of resources we spent to go after the likes of Teddy and Sam within the space of a year either. Most don't have to swallow their pride and go back and beg the guy they cut to come back. Most don't end up facing off against another guy they cut and that guy ending up looking like prime Drew Brees against them. Those last two instances happened within the space of the last two weeks. 😂

Okay .. Cutting ties with Teddy was a Tepper decision.. And Sam ... Rhule got to eat that.. But that's still not enough to fire him after 1 year and a half on the job...

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I agree but it doesn't change the fact it might take longer then a year in a half to find 1.. right..

I agree if Rhule stuck with Cam we wouldn't be here.. But I don't think that was Rhule plan alone.. Hurney's and Tepper green lite it after it seemed Cam was done.. He hadn't been healthy for 2 season and was looking for a long term deal for more then 25 million a season.. So I can't blame all if that on Rhule..

It certainly could take longer than a year and a half… hell the Browns still don’t have a QB… but we’re back to the issue that it shouldn’t have taken a year because Cam was already on the roster.

I’m not in the organization and I have no ties to the organization but I find it hard to believe Tepper or Hurney had anything to do with Cam’s departure.

It wasn’t Tepper who called Cam, it wasn’t Fitt… it was Rhule. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

That’s all for me tonight folks, enjoyed the football conversation. Always nice to talk ball with civilized people.

Until next time.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It certainly could take longer than a year and a half… hell the Browns still don’t have a QB… we’re back to the issue that it shouldn’t have taken a year because Cam was already on the roster.

I’m not in the organization and I have no ties to the organization but I find it hard to believe Tepper or Hurney had anything to do with Cam’s departure.

It wasn’t Tepper who called Cam, it wasn’t Fitt… it was Rhule. That speaks volumes in my opinion.

So you think they were willing to pay Cam 25 mil a season after the 2 years of injury because Cam has admitted that's what he wanted.. At that time he didn't want to do a prove it season.. He wanted long term security and he has said this..

So it wasn't just Tepper, Hurney's and Rhule Cam played a part in his departure..

Edited by WOW!!

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So you think they were willing to pay Cam 25 mil a season after the 2 years of injury because Cam has admitted that's what he wanted.. At that time he didn't want to do a prove it season.. He wanted long term security and he has said this..

So it wasn't just Tepper, Hurney's and Rhule Cam played a part in his departure..

Kinda seems like a bargain considering we're paying Teddy $17M this year to not play for us and we'll pay Darnold $18M next year to not play for us.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Okay I’ll respond to this because the answer is rather easy…

You don’t extend him…

If you truly don’t think he’s good enough to be the franchise QB you let him play out the final year of his contract, get a high draft pick, and replace him… not sign fugging Teddy Bridgewater and then trade for Sam Darnold.

If he plays well then you re-sign him, if he doesn’t then congrats, your new franchise QB is Mac Jones… simple as that.

And if Cam chooses to hold out then he’s the one that comes under fire for it and you trot out Kyle Allen and Will Grier… and like magic… you still get your high draft pick. Hell, you might even get Trevor Lawrence with as bad as those two are.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Okay I’ll respond to this because the answer is rather easy…

You don’t extend him…

If you truly don’t think he’s good enough to be the franchise QB you let him play out the final year of his contract, get a high draft pick, and replace him… not sign fugging Teddy Bridgewater.

If he plays well then you re-sign him, simple as that.

And if Cam chooses to hold out then he’s the one that comes under fire for it.

Force Cam to play or holdout.. okay ..

That still doesn't seem like a great move so again.. 

Blame whoever's you want it doesn't change the fact Everybody was to blame for the Cam situation but just Rhule..

11 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Force Cam to play or holdout.. okay ..

That still doesn't seem like a great move so again.. 

Blame whoever's you want it doesn't change the fact Everybody was to blame for the Cam situation but just Rhule..

It’s literally the greatest move… you don’t end up wasting money on two shitty QB’s and you either get to see what Cam has left in the tank or you roll with Kyle Allen and Will Grier and likely end up with Trevor Lawrence.

At the end of the day we know Cam wouldn’t have held out because he’s a competitor so we’d have had our answer last year that Cam can still be our QB rather than chasing after QB’s that aren’t even has-been’s they are never-was’s…

And Rhule takes the blame because he’s running the show… he literally said the contracts go through him… that’s clear as day.

Example A:

“I think in terms of on the contract, a lot of those things probably rest with me,” Rhule said.

I’ll be one of the few as well that states that Hurney had some fault in it as well but he’s no longer here so… if Rhule was truly a stand up guy and truly believed he could make chicken salad out of chicken poo, why didn’t he fight for Cam… all he had to say was “Hey Marty, give me shot with this guy”.

Let’s be real, Rhule wanted to ride with his own guy and it’s gotten him nowhere.

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s literally the greatest move… you don’t end up wasting money on two shitty QB’s and you either get to see what Cam has left in the tank or you roll with Kyle Allen and Will Grier and likely end up with Trevor Lawrence.

At the end of the day we know Cam wouldn’t have held out because he’s a competitor so we’d have had our answer last year that Cam can still be our QB rather than chasing after QB’s that aren’t even has-been’s they are never-was’s…

And Rhule takes the blame because he’s running the show… he literally said the contracts go through him… that’s clear as day.

Example A:

“I think in terms of on the contract, a lot of those things probably rest with me,” Rhule said.

I’ll be one of the few as well that states that Hurney had some fault in it as well but he’s no longer here so… if Rhule was truly a stand up guy and truly believed he could make chicken salad out of chicken poo, why didn’t he fight for Cam… all he had to say was “Hey Marty, give me shot with this guy”.

Let’s be real, Rhule wanted to ride with his own guy and it’s gotten him nowhere.

Okay that’s your opinion.. But I don’t want to see a disgruntled Cam force to play.. If its that easy then Atlanta should have forced Julio to play under his contract ..  but most times it seem easier to just release the player instead of dealing with that headache ask Houston.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Okay that’s your opinion.. But I don’t want to see a disgruntled Cam force to play.. If its that easy then Atlanta should have forced Julio to play under his contract ..  but most times it seem easier to just release the player instead of dealing with that headache ask Houston.

Julio was traded for a second and a third… not even remotely close to the same situation. 

Watson is wanted by teams, just not at the price that Houston has on him. In the long run they are going to end up with Corral or Willis so they’ll be okay.

On our end, according to Hurney, no one wanted to trade for Cam… I doubt he’d have stayed disgruntled for too long knowing that. Additionally, it wasn’t exactly like teams were rushing to sign him once he was released.

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Julio was traded for a second and a third… not even remotely close to the same situation. 

Watson is wanted by teams, just not at the price that Houston has on him. In the long run they are going to end up with Corral or Willis so they’ll be okay.

On our end, according to Hurney, no one wanted to trade for Cam… I doubt he’d have stayed disgruntled for too long knowing that. Additionally, it wasn’t exactly like teams were rushing to sign him once he was released.

The situation was you said force a player to play under a contract he doesn’t want to.. I just pointed out how that might not workout like you think… And again no matter what decision was made it wasn’t 1 person who made that decision…