• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I gotta say it.

motocross_cat

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Same reason they have workouts.

But the most successful coaches and personnel people invariably tell you that game tape is far more valuable.

Giving too much credence to The Combine is how you draft guys like Mike Mamula.

Ok.  To me, with my eyes our defense is going very well considering how terrible our offense is.  We continue to just give the ball back over and over. And they like today are keeping Tom freaking Brady to mostly field goals.  Thats what I see Mr. Scott.

1 minute ago, motocross_cat said:

Ok.  To me, with my eyes our defense is going very well considering how terrible our offense is.  We continue to just give the ball back over and over. And they like today are keeping Tom freaking Brady to mostly field goals.  Thats what I see Mr. Scott.

The offense is bad, but it's way too early in the half to blame anything on fatigue.

The reality is we built a defense primarily geared to stop the pass and in the process formed a unit not only highly susceptible to the run, but also not terribly effective against elite passers. Losing some of our better players to injury and other things didn't help.

Bottom Line: They're just not really that good.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The offense is bad, but it's way too early in the half to blame anything on fatigue.

The reality is we built a defense primarily geared to stop the pass and in the process formed a unit not only highly susceptible to the run, but also not terribly effective against elite passers. Losing some of our better players to injury and other things didn't help.

Bottom Line: They're just not really that good.

I dont think its fatigue i think its law of averages.  The more the opposing teams has the ball in a game the more chances they have to score.  We give opposition the ball at an alarming rate.

Its ok tho.  We can agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I dont think its fatigue i think its law of averages.  The more the opposing teams has the ball in a game the more chances they have to score.  We give opposition the ball at an alarming rate.

Its ok tho.  We can agree to disagree.

A big part of the reason they "have more chances" is that we can't get them off the field on third down.

Giving up an eleven yard first down run to a forty-plus year old quarterback doesn't exactly say good things either.