• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You know things are getting bad

tiger7_88

28 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

There are reasons to make the argument not to fire Rhule right now though.   Just because you dont agree with them doesn't mean it's someone just being a contrarian. 

Not being a dick here, I honestly want to know what those arguments are. 

As of now, I would argue the following reasons to move on from him:

• Regression seen from many promising players
  • Unceremonious departure from Cam last offseason after lying about wanting to coach him
  • Signing Teddy to a massive deal
  • Trading Teddy 1 year into said massive deal eating away at the cap space
  • Doing nothing to improve the offensive line in two offseasons.
  • Prioritizing versatility in OL instead of actual competency in one particular position.
  • Consistently fielding the worst Line in the league week in and week out. 
  • Drafting two offensive linemen and refusing to play them even though the starters are some of the worst lines ever assembled.
  • Trading for Sam Darnold by sending away a 2nd, 4th, and 6th
  • When Sam started sucking, bringing Cam back in the middle of the season to replace the replacement of the replacement for Cam.
  • Throwing players under the bus during press conferences while coddling Sam earlier in the season. 
  • Trading a 3rd for CJ Henderson who has shown absolutely nothing that warrants his original draft position in the first last season (Even though Rhule was reportedly in love with him as a prospect).
  • Having us go into the upcoming offseason with Sam Darnold as our only QB under contract and the worst offensive line in the league with only 1 pick in the top 100 picks of the draft.
  • Wasting millions of our Cap on QBs (Teddy and Sam) and bad extensions of his guys (Robby). 
  • Getting out coached week over week
  • Preaching patience about building a competitive team then making hyper aggressive moves that handicap our ability to build a competitive team in the future after the hyper aggressive moves turn out to be terrible. 

That's everything off the top of my head. I honestly don't know what arguments can be made to keep him that outweigh that list of egregious mistakes over the past two seasons. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That's everything off the top of my head. I honestly don't know what arguments can be made to keep him that outweigh that list of egregious mistakes over the past two seasons. 

I don't think there is a convincing argument to keep him, but the one I see most often is that his first year was mid pandemic and so this really is his first full offseason with the team. The team showed early promise (ignoring the terrible fade it's shown since lol), and it's star player on offense and first round rookie on D are both on IR. Tepper firmly believes it takes time to build a winner and Rhule hasn't had much time.

Honestly I don't buy it and hope he's fired. But yah, that's an argument folks make.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1