• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National media amplifying story of team dysfunction under Rhule

BlitzMonster

21 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

my take - all these bad articles are coming out at the same time - likely encouraged by Tepper's PR arm  - to give him cause for firing Rhule without looking stupid

"Well I didn't know it was THIS bad" says a shocked David Tepper.

From Panthers website:

image.thumb.png.dce4c5418e30a106f47b4ab3cb597e3c.png

image.thumb.png.74d8d1593c5c2dda7061e24c242e5bf5.png

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

image.thumb.png.64146710d058ae10afdc951a49de7bf9.png

Words have meaning, and even all of these are clearly setting the team up to move on from Rhule imo, at least in some ways...  If you read between the lines it was not a good conversation between them insofar as Tepper was very unhappy with the process so far.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What a complete moron and idiot thing for him to say. I’ll give him one more year under a better coaching staff but if keeps it up next season we need to move on. 

Brown has been a bust. No doubt about it. But as a paid millionaire, you NEVER go after the fans when you and the team has been poo. 

19 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Words have meaning, and even all of these are clearly setting the team up to move on from Rhule imo, at least in some ways...  If you read between the lines it was not a good conversation between them insofar as Tepper was very unhappy with the process so far.

...and from where Tepper sits that is a "we" problem (Tepper/Rhule/Fitterer)...not a "you" problem (Rhule).

They are partners and all are party to the situation.

At some point if visible progress isn't made Tepper will say "we are not working" and Rhule will be gone but all signs point to Tepper not being there at this time. 

I highlight the Panthers website & twitter, as well as Darin Gantt's twitter, because they've made a point of repeatedly focusing on and publicizing these 2 words preceded by David Tepper's name:

"...tremendously supportive..."

Just seems illogical that the official team media channels would repeatedly do that if Tepper was going to can the guy in 2-weeks (not to mention NFL open season on interviewing started last week).

image.thumb.png.e823741f7250d0f530010df2e2c93dbe.png

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...and from where Tepper sits that is a "we" problem (Tepper/Rhule/Fitterer)...not a "you" problem (Rhule).

They are partners and all are party to the situation.

At some point if visible progress isn't made Tepper will say "we are not working" and Rhule will be gone but all signs point to Tepper not being there at this time. 

I highlight the Panthers website & twitter, as well as Darin Gantt's twitter, because they've made a point of repeatedly focusing on and publicizing these 2 words preceded by David Tepper's name:

"...tremendously supportive..."

Just seems illogical that the official team media channels would repeatedly do that if Tepper was going to can the guy in 2-weeks (not to mention NFL open season on interviewing started last week).

image.thumb.png.e823741f7250d0f530010df2e2c93dbe.png

It isn't illogical for an owner about to engage in a HC search to be very political and particular in the words he chooses.  There's still two weeks left and he's not going to fire him now.  So yeah, I would expect that he'd say things about being supportive.

not sure about this we problem stuff... We have zero evidence that Tepper is directly involved with the product on the field as you describe it. Moreover, we know that Rhule is above fitterer in the heirachy of decision making ... The buck stops with Rhule for on field product and it's garbage...

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

image.thumb.png.05bd1a63905f61034de07a413d9f2549.png

We'll see what happens...

...where do you see the odds?

Depends how the last 2 weeks go.  Two more blowouts and I think Rhule is gone. Especially with Darnold back... Two hand picked QBs, two flops ...

Re: the quote, they're talking specifically about a top of the draft selection and not roster / on field product in general.  We heard Tepper wanted Fields but Rhule preferred Darnold...

23 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

my take - all these bad articles are coming out at the same time - likely encouraged by Tepper's PR arm  - to give him cause for firing Rhule without looking stupid

"Well I didn't know it was THIS bad" says a shocked David Tepper.

This was my thought as well, particularly with the Joe Person article. Person risked losing complete access, and I just don't think he would do that without a safety net.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Kari Brooke said:

This was my thought as well, particularly with the Joe Person article. Person risked losing complete access, and I just don't think he would do that without a safety net.

Yup, then Rhule and Tepper have a noncommittal "supportive" meeting so the team ostensibly stands behind it's coach during the season, while giving it plenty of outs in the offseason...

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Lets Go Canes said:

Brown has been a bust. No doubt about it. But as a paid millionaire, you NEVER go after the fans when you and the team has been poo. 

I mean mocking people working in grocery stores who are putting themselves at risk during a deadly pandemic is a really dumb thing to say and then add on it’s a millionaire football player who sucks at his own job is a really good way to lose the fan support. 

im out on Brown personally, and if he plays the same way next season maybe we can get someone to take him off our hands for a 5th rounder