• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Saints GameDay Thread

Zod

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Millen & Guadin had this info from Shaq before the game...

...as usual FJ Person is the last one to the party 🤦‍♂️🤣

image.png.9d167a662419b414598b9d23d49aec21.png

Similar to the Cam article you've pointed to a few times now, what else would Shaq really say in this situation? Did any Jaguars players make public pre-firing comments (or any at all) about Meyer even with the extreme situation going on there? Point being that even when it would be pretty fair to make public comments negative in nature the vast majority of players won't do it.

FWIW, David Newton's quote also makes it look like Shaq said 'we', with no specific mention of Rhule. I haven't heard it so have no direct knowledge but the word choice could be interesting if the question was about Rhule specifically and Shaq didn't refer to him. Or maybe it's nothing.

8 hours ago, KSpan said:

Did any Jaguars players make public pre-firing comments (or any at all) about Meyer even with the extreme situation going on there?

Absolutely!

There were a number of public outbursts/incidents...James Robinson, Marvin Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Josh Lambo just for starters!!

I'll say this, on the excuse-making front you Gone Guys are as flexible as Nadia Comaneci in her hey-day....a Triple Lindy dismount off the high-bar is old hat for you guys!

Now, you name some names...

...here are a few who are on-the-record with Rhule:

BB656632-C29D-4571-9380-95220A7E5FC0.jpegimage.thumb.png.b902232b80ad16195ccacdd5a3bb46dd.pngimage.thumb.png.628b72ad8c50c7790738d3eb8a6ef209.png

Edited by SizzleBuzz

8 hours ago, KSpan said:

Similar to the Cam article you've pointed to a few times now...

Oh, meant to address this too...

...in case you didn't notice Cam's comments were "unsolicited"...

...for those keeping score at home that means they weren't given in response to a reporter's question -- but rather, offered up extemporaneously as he knew it was the proper thing to do.

Key phrase for you to zero in on:  "...unsolicited defense..."

BB656632-C29D-4571-9380-95220A7E5FC0.jpeg

21 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Absolutely!

There were a number of public outbursts/incidents...James Robinson, Marvin Jones, Trevor Lawrence and Josh Lambo just for starters!!

I'll say this, on the excuse-making front you Gone Guys are as flexible as Nadia Comaneci in her hey-day....a Triple Lindy dismount off the high-bar is old hat for you guys!

Now, you name some names...

...here are a few who are on-the-record with Rhule:

BB656632-C29D-4571-9380-95220A7E5FC0.jpegimage.thumb.png.b902232b80ad16195ccacdd5a3bb46dd.pngimage.thumb.png.628b72ad8c50c7790738d3eb8a6ef209.png

Please direct me to the comments you're referencing with the Jags like Robinson, Jones, and Lawrence, as all I'm aware of are professional/non-confrontational comments even given the nonsense Meyer was pulling. Lambo was no longer a Jaguar when he made his so he has no real stake at that point and even then it seemed more factual than anything.

All of what you linked here still has to be taken with a grain of salt, and Boston's comments in particular were from June 2020 before Rhule had even coached a training camp practice. That has zero bearing at this point, as again, what else was he going to say?

31 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Please direct me to the comments you're referencing with the Jags like Robinson, Jones, and Lawrence, as all I'm aware of are professional/non-confrontational comments even given the nonsense Meyer was pulling.

Nuance is important, pay attention...

..."incidents/outbursts"...

...no "comments" needed -- res ipsa loquitur.

These are signs of a coach "losing" the locker-room, surely you're already aware of all those situations?

Edited by SizzleBuzz