• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1/13 Game Thread: Canes v. Blue Jackets Puck Drop 7:00PM

Anybodyhome

13 minutes ago, Lets get it Canes said:

Well guys. This team is absolute ass tonight. The absolute worst they have played all year. 

By far not the worst we’ve played. We’ve played worse on some wins this season. We aren’t getting any bounces and Bear has gotten caught with his pants down too many times. 

Refs obviously are not calling a fair game. I’m assume there was some back room poo from us on the whole Philly debacle the league didn’t like. Philly used Covid as an excuse not to play us, after we were already in the air there. They already had the boards down for the basketball game. 

• Pie 1

Oh well, we’ll bounce back Saturday. 

Not impressed with our new backup goal though. Probably first game jitters and our defense being poo but his positioning was not great he hardly squared up to anyone, though his low game was ok. I still think we should have rode Lyon until either Raanta is “better” or is offloaded. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

This is how a real coach talks. 

With that too. I said it last night and I’ll say it again, we gotta switch Bear and TDA. Bear is just out of position too often against offenses that cheat up in the neutral zone. Smith is too slow to recover if he’s down ice a little bit. TDA would solve both those problems and Skjei can single high position better.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

With that too. I said it last night and I’ll say it again, we gotta switch Bear and TDA. Bear is just out of position too often against offenses that cheat up in the neutral zone. Smith is too slow to recover if he’s down ice a little bit. TDA would solve both those problems and Skjei can single high position better.

It's nice to have offensive contributions from the blue line, but Skjei's recent streak, TDA having success and Bear finally getting a goal, these guys are simply jumping into the zone too often and too soon. Quick outlet passes and stretch passes are killing these guys. Let's get real, this was the same Columbus team they saw a couple weeks ago, they didn't play any different, yet look at the end result.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's nice to have offensive contributions from the blue line, but Skjei's recent streak, TDA having success and Bear finally getting a goal, these guys are simply jumping into the zone too often and too soon. Quick outlet passes and stretch passes are killing these guys. Let's get real, this was the same Columbus team they saw a couple weeks ago, they didn't play any different, yet look at the end result.   

Agreed, only this wasn't the same Canes team that fought back and won that game. 

We didn't play well and we hung our goalies out to dry way tooooo much.  I feel bad for Freddie and LaFontaine. 

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Again, 3 games in 3 weeks. I don't care how much you practice, it doesn't make up for the real thing. They'll probably skate later today and tomorrow morning. Let's hope they start to get their rhythm back. They have a tough stretch of games coming and can't be sleepwalking thru them. 

They’ll skate today. Tomorrow is a 1PM game. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's not so good either. Last I checked, the Canes are slower than usual out of the gate for day games.

Ya I’m pretty perturbed the NHL didn’t make Philly play. They had a full lineup serviceable even with the 4 people they lost to the protocol that afternoon, according to the Philly GM. I still think there was some shifty business going on there, either with the NHL or the arena. 

• Beer 1