• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS: Rhule keeping close eye on Michigan job, wanted Penn State

Kraybrothers

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No disagreement there. Michigan, Notre Dame, and Texas are probably the three biggest delusional fanbases in college football. They all think they're top 5 programs. They used to be but they haven't been in a looooooong time. Nebraska used to be in that group but they seem to have accepted their new mediocre reality.

I'm a Michigan fan but I'm not delusional. Recruiting is now much more difficult for them. Once the internet boomed, players didn't have to go to a big school to be seen. Obviously it helps, but they could be a backup at a school like Michigan or a top tier starter elsewhere. Then there is the football powerhouse that is the SEC and the optimal weather year round for young men looking to have a good time. I doubt Michigan will ever be really relevant long term again. 

13 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm a Michigan fan but I'm not delusional. Recruiting is now much more difficult for them. Once the internet boomed, players didn't have to go to a big school to be seen. Obviously it helps, but they could be a backup at a school like Michigan or a top tier starter elsewhere. Then there is the football powerhouse that is the SEC and the optimal weather year round for young men looking to have a good time. I doubt Michigan will ever be really relevant long term again. 

Michigan's far bigger problem is that they've effectively become OSU's little brother.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Michigan's far bigger problem is that they've effectively become OSU's little brother.

OSU is the only Big 10 team that belongs in the conversation with the upper tier of college football. Speaking of Michigan, I would dare say that not only OSU, but Penn State and Michigan State have had more success in recent memory. 

Who would have ever thought the Big 10 would be more competitive in college basketball than college football

7 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

OSU is the only Big 10 team that belongs in the conversation with the upper tier of college football. Speaking of Michigan, I would dare say that not only OSU, but Penn State and Michigan State have had more success in recent memory. 

Who would have ever thought the Big 10 would be more competitive in college basketball than college football

They just need to add OSU and Clemson to the SEC.  Kick out Vandy and SC. Rename it.   I hate ND too much to include them but I guess you could kick out Miss St or someone.   That’s basically college football at this point. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

They just need to add OSU and Clemson to the SEC.  Kick out Vandy and SC. Rename it.   I hate ND too much to include them but I guess you could kick out Miss St or someone.   That’s basically college football at this point. 

I would keep ND out, they would get slaughtered weekly in the SEC. Overrated yearly. Cincinnati beat them in South Bend this year, yet the media actually pushed for them over Cincy in the playoffs. 

Edited by TheProcess