• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade back from pick #101 to add a fifth rounder?

MHS831

We are not in agreement on who we should draft at 101.  CB TJ Tampa?  Nickel CB  Kris Abrams-Draine?  C Van Pran-Granger?  LB Cedric Gray (double dipping at LB)?  WRs Troy Franklin, Brenden Rice. Tez Walker?   Edge Austin Booker or Mohamed Kamara?  OT Christian Jones?  TE Ja'Tavion Sanders? 

Assuming that nobody is suggesting that we trade down for the sake of trading, and nobody is trying to imitate Fitterer, if you have equal grades on several of the names above, would you trade back?

Morgan said he's been picking BPA (not sure I believe that but whatever). He also said they want to come away with a corner today or find one after the draft. The BPA right now is a corner. So no, I wouldn't trade out of that pick.

• Pie 1

But you could trade back 10 spots to 111, for example, add a fifth, then trade the 2 fifths back up to 124, for example, giving you 2 fourths instead of a fourth and fifth.

If it were me, I would take Tampa at 101. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I agree with actually trading up for another 4th.

I really hope we stay put and take Franklin. But we had all night and I'm sure some trade offers rolled in... 

Yeah, but he said a "fifth!"

2 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Morgan said he's been picking BPA (not sure I believe that but whatever). He also said they want to come away with a corner today or find one after the draft. The BPA right now is a corner. So no, I wouldn't trade out of that pick.

That is interesting.  The phrasing suggests that he does not have one identified at 101, if he is being transparent.  However, it is also interesting that he does not mention center or edge or a second WR.

8 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Have a hard time believing that after the Wallace pick.