• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Regrading the 2020 NFL Draft

TheSpecialJuan

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Round 1 (7): DI Derrick Brown, Auburn
Round 2 (38): Edge Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State
Round 2 (64): S Jeremy Chinn, SIU
Round 4 (113): CB Troy Pride Jr., Notre Dame
Round 5 (152): S Kenny Robinson Jr., WVU*
Round 6 (184): DI Bravvion Roy, Baylor
Round 7 (221): CB Stantley Thomas-Oliver III, FIU

Then: B
Now: A-

Though small in their improvements, both Brown and Yetur-Gross Matos played better in 2021. Brown improved his overall defensive grade from a 61.0 to a 64.1, and Gross-Matos improved his overall grade from a 54.7 to a 63.9. With those two players trending upward and the incredible value the team got with Jeremy Chinn, and I’d still call this one of the better hauls from 2020

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I'm not surprised. Rhule might not how to manipulate his personnel on game days to put the team or the individual in the best position to succeed, but he's drafted some quality players. 

Maybe when he considers free agency, he should be more wise about believing someone's track record, as opposed to thinking he's going to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t and paying handsomely for more helpings before be even samples it. 

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wonder if TP jr. didnt tear his ACL, if he would have been able to show potential in slot, or special teams. The kid is lightning fast

He is fast but I'm not sure he is as long and physical has the guys we have been bringing in since. Im not sure what kind of role he might have in the future. 

Edited by Michael G

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yeah, I guess we will have to see. That knee injury was brutal looking.

I respect the way he played his rookie year. The kid struggled but he was really thrown into the fire. His issue will be where will he play. He hasn't yet shown to be physical enough to play Nickel (our nickels have to tackle a lot, taking on RBs and such). Yet he's not long enough for the man coverage duties of our outside corner. If he adds some muscle and improves his tacking I guess he maybe be able to play anywhere in the backend. We will see.

• Pie 1