• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic's potential cap casualties list

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Compiled by various members of The Athletic staff, a list of players that teams might be looking to move on from via either cut or trade for cap reasons (Link)

For the Panthers...

- CB AJ Bouye

- WR Robby Anderson

- DE Morgan Fox

- T Cam Erving

- OL Dennis Daley

We really got a good deal on Bouye.  If we re-sign Gilmore or Jackson, I bet they try to move him.  Could be worth a 5th and saves us 3.5m.

No one will touch Anderson. He'll never be worth the money we paid, but cure the dropsies and he's a decent weapon.  What a bad extension that was.

Cutting Fox saves 3m.  Good luck finding someone comparable for that amount.  We are already losing Reddick and Jones so can't see him going anywhere.

Erving is a decent swing T.  Saves 2m to cut (4.5m dead).  It will be tough to find a vet swing T for 2m.  Probably ride with him another year.  Better OL coach should help here.

Daley - No way we pay 2.5m to an average talent like this.  He can be replaced with one of our 6ths at significantly less cost.  Best of luck to Mr. Daley.

• Pie 1

One other name I noticed on that list...

Bryan Bulaga

He used to be one of the best tackles in the game. Now personally, I'm not a big fan of signing guys based on what they used to be, but given the connection to James Campen, I gotta wonder if we might at least give him a call.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's a middle guy, isn't he? Or am I remembering wrong?

We could really use a good MLB. Carter is a backup, at best.

He was a middle while on the Rams. Went to outside backer on the raiders. Littleton would be the missing cog on this defense IMO. Him and Shaq would be pretty ridiculous, not Kuechly ridiculous, but TB LB core like.

Doubt anyone would join this sinking ship unfortunately. But put me down for any of these players: 

C JC Tretter                    
Bi
lly Turner                
T Bryan Bulaga        
T Andre Dillard        
T Taylor Lewan          
G Roger Saffold

LB Cory Littleton      
LB Eric Kendricks

QB Carson Wentz

Reclamation Projects:

LB Blake Martinez