• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

High Risk Plan For Free Agency

Basbear

Thus saving the season and Rhules job......

Going with 4.7 targets and each has a HIGH risk theme, but thats to keep it somewhat real given the $$$$$$.

QB- Jameis Winston 2 year 14 million+/-

Well I just lost half the readers, hes coming off a ACL and should be cheap. Hes got real NFL starts and not that long ago 1st overall. Got saints playbook and seems to be putting in big efforts to get healthy/better. Have a real open battle between him and Sam for the starting job. 

LT - Trent Brown 3years 30million++

Huge is an understatement and has struggled away for NE. But its FA and every team needs OL, so you have to pay up. Lets Christ move to LG and thus giving panthers a decent shot at having a decent OL.

MLB - Leighton Vander Esch 4 years 30 milion+/-

Injuries held him back, but that also means you can get a bargain too. Solves the HUGE MLB hole and a Luke clone.

DE- Arden Key 3 years 35 million +/-

Finesser voiced the need for edges, well here is a young stud thats already been waived and bounced back. One of my former draft crushes. Again solves the bookends with YGM starting at the other.

OG/C- Chris Reed min

I need a vet and call on a former panther that has OG and C exp.

Risk, risk, risk, risk. All contracts have the lowest possible 2022 cap in order to fit, thats means huge dead cap if cut and huge 2023 cap figures, but thats the deal. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

If we bring in a vet QB and he has to "battle" Sam for the starting role we are not upgrading the team.  I know Brown has played at LT but isn't he more on the right side?  I might be wrong though.

I think Winston would win, I mean adding a real starting QB would be a near 40million(for one year) cost. Im mainly trying to brige until 2023 draft QB pool. Hes been learning form Payton for 2 years, it had to improve his football IQ.

Brown can play either OT spot, in NE he stayed at LT and raiders placed him at RT cause the division had Miller, Bosa, and I think Frank Clark lining up on RTs. Hes more than able, imo.

Edited by Basbear

• 2 weeks later...