• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A QB that can be a TE, FB and QB.

Jangler

And you are an idiot.

so you can honestly say that The Golden Calf of Bristol will be a good quarterback? he has had all the talent in the world around him, he can run in college but that 'speed' will disappear in the NFL... i dare him to lower his shoulder on anyone in the NFL... he cant get the ball off fast enough.. should i go on why he will suck?

each year the NFL is becoming more and more a passing league.

If The Golden Calf of Bristol is a your clear cut starter at QB and you play him to his strengths......he will probably be good for about 8-12 games a year b/c he is body is gonna take some real abuse.

Pop quiz: Can anyone name a single, successful starting quarterback in the NFL today that played in a spread offense throughout his entire college career? The only possible answer is Vince Young and that's certainly arguable and it hasn't happened for him until his fourth year in the league.

So, to the The Golden Calf of Bristol fans, are you prepared to POSSIBLY have success from him four seasons from now? What's the plan to get him ready? Throw him out there immediately next season as a rookie? Languish behind Jake Delhomme, the worst starting quarterback in the NFL, for another season? Maybe another THREE OR FOUR seasons?

Meanwhile, as we go through this LONG preparation period for The Golden Calf of Bristol, our veterans continue to age. Moose and Kasay will have retired. DeAngelo Williams will have hit that nasty 30-year-old mark for running backs. 89 will be 34 years old.

Sound like a fun plan to you guys?

Glad you brought him up, b/c I was going to... They are very comparable players. I was watching the end of the UF/FSU game today and was thinking about Vince Young. Why?

Because I specifically remember watching him before his last year and thinking what a huge playmaker he was and what a great QB he could be in the NFL. But, then I started hearing the good old "he's too good of an athlete to play QB in the NFL" which is a nice way of saying, you're a great athlete but you're not a QB.

I didn't understand this with VY, b/c he could throw the deep ball and seemed to have pretty good accuracy... So why wouldn't he be an NFL QB in all the talking heads' opinion? Well, turns out, VY ran the spread offense as you mentioned AND HE HAD A QUIRKY RELEASE - which turned a lot of GMs off before his last year at Texas.

This is exactly what I think is happening with The Golden Calf of Bristol... Two years ago, it was "no way he plays QB in the NFL", then last year it was "he might could play QB in the NFL," to now, "he's a QB in the NFL but he won't be very good."

The same was said of Vince Young. And he turned out to be a WINNING QB, just like he was at Texas - people just had all the negative things in mind about him to outweigh the simple fact -HE'S A WINNER.

As you said, technically it took him four years to be productive... But, I don't agree. He made a huge impact his rookie year, IIRC he almost led them to a playoff spot that year and then did land one the next year. He's like 22-11 as a starter. That's all you need. The reason he didn't really appear to succeed to everyone was b/c he was a headcase and started to go crazy, which cost him his job.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not a headcase and is a leader. VY led by making plays, The Golden Calf of Bristol leads by making plays and LEADING PEOPLE. So there are some comparisons there... Neither of them may have the prototypical delivery or appear to have the best skill set of the QBs in their draft class, but they win. I believe The Golden Calf of Bristol will continue to win at the NFL level. It may not look pretty, but he wills his team to win. That's just my 2 cents...

I like The Golden Calf of Bristol..and i hope he has success in the NFL at QB..but i dont think the panthers will take him..IDK if you remember the Hurny interview but he pointed out what he looks for in a QB..I think that was a big tell in the type of QB we will go after in the draft..

I watched both the Duke/Wake game today, and the Florida/FSU. I think I would rather have Skinner or Thaddeus Lewis than The Golden Calf of Bristol. Both of them showed some touch, and they are not surrounded with the level of talent The Golden Calf of Bristol is.

Not that I want us to draft either of them, but I would rather have either of them than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Glad you brought him up, b/c I was going to... They are very comparable players. I was watching the end of the UF/FSU game today and was thinking about Vince Young. Why?

Because I specifically remember watching him before his last year and thinking what a huge playmaker he was and what a great QB he could be in the NFL. But, then I started hearing the good old "he's too good of an athlete to play QB in the NFL" which is a nice way of saying, you're a great athlete but you're not a QB.

I didn't understand this with VY, b/c he could throw the deep ball and seemed to have pretty good accuracy... So why wouldn't he be an NFL QB in all the talking heads' opinion? Well, turns out, VY ran the spread offense as you mentioned AND HE HAD A QUIRKY RELEASE - which turned a lot of GMs off before his last year at Texas.

This is exactly what I think is happening with The Golden Calf of Bristol... Two years ago, it was "no way he plays QB in the NFL", then last year it was "he might could play QB in the NFL," to now, "he's a QB in the NFL but he won't be very good."

The same was said of Vince Young. And he turned out to be a WINNING QB, just like he was at Texas - people just had all the negative things in mind about him to outweigh the simple fact -HE'S A WINNER.

As you said, technically it took him four years to be productive... But, I don't agree. He made a huge impact his rookie year, IIRC he almost led them to a playoff spot that year and then did land one the next year. He's like 22-11 as a starter. That's all you need. The reason he didn't really appear to succeed to everyone was b/c he was a headcase and started to go crazy, which cost him his job.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not a headcase and is a leader. VY led by making plays, The Golden Calf of Bristol leads by making plays and LEADING PEOPLE. So there are some comparisons there... Neither of them may have the prototypical delivery or appear to have the best skill set of the QBs in their draft class, but they win. I believe The Golden Calf of Bristol will continue to win at the NFL level. It may not look pretty, but he wills his team to win. That's just my 2 cents...

umm you;re making a case for The Golden Calf of Bristol by trying to sell us on Vince Young ROFL. Vince Young took 4 years just to become a MEDIOCRE Quarterback. Show me one person in this world that would take 2009 OR ill even go out on a limb and say 2010 Vince Young over ROOKIE SEASON 2008 Matt Ryan. Now, since we are done with you spouting non-sense Ill grab some statistics from our friendly neighborhood NFL.com website:

Vince Young in 2006 (his first year) 12 Touchdowns... wow... oh wait, and threw 13 INTERCEPTIONS ok thats not that bad that's less than one touchdown a game but its not that bad for a rookie... however let me not forget he had rushing Touchdowns, yes a staggering 11 touchdowns on the ground.... BUT WAIT.. he produced 12 fumbles granted only 3 were lost putting him in the positives.

Ok so his rookie season he barely made it to a positive turnover ratio with rushing touchdowns withstanding but on we go to 2007 SURELY he would improve his sophmore year since he doesn't have an outstanding rookie season to "Slump" from....

Oh dear... 2007 saw the demise of Vince Young (thanks Madden curse). He had 9 touchdowns on the year that's dangerously close to a touchdown EVERY OTHER game yet the worst is still to come. he threw for a mind boggling 17 interceptions thats more than one interception a game when he barely got over the touchdown every other game mark; but sure he has to produce some on the ground... nope not this year, he only has 3 rushing touchdowns but has 10 fumbles albiet the only stat that improved from 2007 (ROFL) but the stat that counts, fumbles lost, remained that same so that left Mr. Young with nearly a 1:2 turnover ratio....

2008 saw the end of Vince Youngs stay as the Titans franchise QB and the arrival of piss poor Collins, 2009 has yet to play out but he looks to be fairing better with his 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

I watched both the Duke/Wake game today, and the Florida/FSU. I think I would rather have Skinner or Thaddeus Lewis than The Golden Calf of Bristol. Both of them showed some touch, and they are not surrounded with the level of talent The Golden Calf of Bristol is.

Not that I want us to draft either of them, but I would rather have either of them than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I like Skinner too. I have seen more of him play than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I understand that The Golden Calf of Bristol is surrounded by talent, but honestly the only thing I can see as a negative about him is his release. He has a longer windup than most when throwing the ball.Do you notice even if hes about to take a sack he still grabs 2-3 yards and makes something out of nothing and hardly throws INTs or fumbles? If we grab him great, if not I understand.

Archived