• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes vs Lightning

Was at the game last night- was pure playoff atmosphere and the Canes fans in attendance knew how important that game was.

My observations: the Necas goal was a missile, but what should not go unnoticed is how much his defensive play is improving.

TDA is just fun to watch. Away from the puck his head is on a swivel and he always seems to be in the right place- don't see him get caught out of position very much. And, he doesn't care how big the other guy is, he'll stand toe-to-toe. The cross-checking penalty on him was BS- he caught the guy just above the hips and was more in the side than back- not looking at full numbers when the call was made. You all saw the PP with him on the point, right? Like night and day when he's not there.

Tampa wanted to fight several times last night. Maroon was chirping and trying to bait anyone all night long and never did anything. Of course, he's looking to regain some street cred after the Rangers Reaves dropped the gloves with him last week, bitch-slapped him and Maroon never threw a punch.

Kucherov took 2 penalties in the 3rd period and wanted to start a fight after the final horn- that's a sure suspension. I thought Staal was going to throw down with a couple guys last night.

Freddie doesn't talk much on the ice to anyone, but I was interested to see he and Ethan Bear talking during stoppages. I'm sure Ethan is trying to learn where Freddie wants his placement so he can keep his vision.

Tampa's Vaselline man actually bowed a couple times at the Canes bench after Aho's goal, almost as if to say, "Yeah, I gifted you that one."

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

He made that glove save on Palat from point blank range, but was also fortunate a couple didn't bounce the other way off the cross bar and posts, otherwise it's a 4-3 loss.

Ya when he got pinned that was bad. It was on the blue line for sure once he got back in the goal. 

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

He made that glove save on Palat from point blank range, but was also fortunate a couple didn't bounce the other way off the cross bar and posts, otherwise it's a 4-3 loss.

Yeah but Vassi made some elite saves or it would have been 8-2 canes. They were cooking last night. 3-2 sounds about right