• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell's Pro Day

Mr. Scot

Personally I love Sam Howell.. I think 1 more year of college couldve helped him out immensely. But if we are able to trade back and possible scoop him late round 1 early round 2 that to me could be a winning situation if we had a good veteran qb to help ease him into the scene... His deep ball is beautiful, and he has the ability to move the pocket with his athleticism... 

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If you want to legitimately criticize Howell, you should criticize the fact (along with Corral) that he ran a lot of RPO plays.  That means you have one read and if it is not open, you run the ball.  No three reads and then dump to the outlet.  His release is not as quick as Pickett or Corral's, but it is as quick as Willis' release. Those are legitimate, specific, REASONS for concerns over him--not "Well, the Tar Heels had a bad year and Howell sucks."  Might as well write "idiot" on your forehead with a Sharpie.

I think you are correct. He is interesting and if we trade back I think he is definitely in play. I don't think he is ready to.plug and play but in the right system he could do well.  I hope he wasn't David Carred running for his life all year.