• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's a tradition in college basketball and only sore losers disrespect the tradition.  Duke has always been sore losers.  Duke didn't seem to have an issue with it when they won their region. 

Eh tradition or not it’s in the best interest to change. I’m a die hard Carolina fan but if I just lost a heated game then I’m not going to sit around while the other team celebrates in my face. Either shakes hands right after the game and celebrate after or don’t have the shake.

1 minute ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Tbh carolina was probably celebrating too much 😂 

That is possibly true and understandable. 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Eh tradition or not it’s in the best interest to change. I’m a die hard Carolina fan but if I just lost a heated game then I’m not going to sit around while the other team celebrates in my face. Either shakes hands right after the game and celebrate after or don’t have the shake.

If do it when you only win then you're a sore loser.  That's my point.  They were happy to shake hands in the regional championship when they won but ran off the court like sore losers when they lost. 

If they never did it than I could understand your point but when they lose it called being a classless sore loser. 

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That is possibly true and understandable. 

If do it when you only win then you're a sore loser.  That's my point.  They were happy to shake hands in the regional championship when they won but ran off the court like sore losers when they lost. 

If they never did it than I could understand your point but when they lose it called being a classless sore loser. 

I see where you are coming from and yeah I get that point. Yeah it is a bit of a double standard for them.

26 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Sensitivity is at an all time high.

Projecting at its finest.

fwiw I’ve lived all over the state, raised in the triangle, seven years in Greenville, one year in OBX, 10 years in the triad, 3 years in durham. But pls tell me more person who lives in the woods in the mountains.

Edited by Cary Kollins

As for tomorrows game it will come down to Manek against Wilson… whoever wins that matchup should win the game assuming everything else plays out like it should.

Bacot should be able to handle McCormack and I’m not worried about Lightfoot at all.

I think you put Love on Christian Braun. Braun is taller and a good player but Love is a better athlete and can really lock in on defense when he wants to.

Davis can handle Harris easily and should win that matchup handily.

Black will be on Agbaji and if he can keep him to 15 points or less then we’ll be in good shape.

It all comes down to Wilson and Manek… I personally think the matchup favors Manek because Wilson isn’t a great three point shooter so Manek can sit back on Wilson unlike what he had to do with Banchero.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

9 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Projecting at its finest.

fwiw I’ve lived all over the state, raised in the triangle, seven years in Greenville, one year in OBX, 10 years in the triad, 3 years in durham. But pls tell me more person who lives in the woods in the mountains.

Well for starters I spent 20 years in the triangle so yeah I’d say I know quite a bit about the area.

And it’s not projecting, it you not being able to take a little joke from a meme and then getting your feelings hurt that some people don’t want to live in Durham…

99 out of 100 people would rather live in Asheville and that’s okay… you can be the one that lives in Durham. I’m glad that someone likes it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam