• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comments from other GMs about the Panthers draft options

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a couple of people on here suggest that Malik Willis could be a generation talent.

I call that a pretty extreme projection myself.

Any one of these guys could be.   Of course, the odds are against it.  I think Malik Willis probably has the physical skills as far as arm strength and accuracy and mobility.  But perhaps more than any other position, QB is a crap shoot. 

I think we should take a chance on whomever we think has the best shot at making it as an NFL qb.  Of course, I thought we should have taken a chance last year on Fields or the other guy, instead of throwing draft picks and cash away on Darnold.  

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Could that be because they went to better situations and teams?

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

whats hilairous... of ALL of those QBs the source knocked.. only 5 of them havent been to the playoffs, haha. 15 total players, and 10 of them have been to the playoffs. 5 of those 10 had won a playoff game.

The theme is that there is no patttern to success in the NFL. However, these pundits speak like there is a single path to success when selecting a QB. Its the same recycled story every year. If you look at the last decade of super bowls, no winning QB has had the same path of entry to the NFL. It's all a crapshoot.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1