• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick opinion thread..

WOW!!

What does Kia, Boukight and Thor need to work on this offseason to be inline for minutes next year??

Jmo..

Kia

1. Strength 

2. Footwork (in the post and defensively)

3.ball handling 

Boukight 

1. Faster pace decision making

2. Outside shooting 

3. Defense (might be 1)

Thor

1. Strength and adding weight 

2. Shooting 

3. Ball handling/playmaking 

Thor and Kia both need more strength. I think Thor could be a 3-D player. If Kia could reach say Jaxson Hayes level that would be a win for the organization. Bouknight is the mystery to me. If the Hornets select the  kid form Kansas what will happen to him?...The new coach will determine alot..

3 minutes ago, NavyVet said:

Thor and Kia both need more strength. I think Thor could be a 3-D player. If Kia could reach say Jaxson Hayes level that would be a win for the organization. Bouknight is the mystery to me. If the Hornets select the  kid form Kansas what will happen to him?...The new coach will determine alot..

Oh no I think Kia could be way better then Jaxson Hayes..

Shooting for Jaxon level is a mistake and selling him short... When KiA  already a more skillful player ..

And if we're lucky the draft picks or 1 pick can be used in a deal to get a veteran big or get rid of Haywards contract..

Boukight needs to be developed he is way to talented to give up on now..

• Beer 1

While I agree Bouknight is talented I thought Durate or Moses Moody should have been the pick. The Hornets need positional size. We already have a undersized shooting guard in Rozier. Like it's been stated on the fourm numerous times I get Monk 2.0 vibes from him. I hope I'm wrong. One of those 1st round picks should be for a vet. IMO the Hornets don't need to get too much younger. I would love to see Malcom Brogdon on this team.  A true pro. His affect would be similar to CJ McCollum with the Pelicans

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NavyVet said:

While I agree Bouknight is talented I thought Durate or Moses Moody should have been the pick. The Hornets need positional size. We already have a undersized shooting guard in Rozier. Like it's been stated on the fourm numerous times I get Monk 2.0 vibes from him. I hope I'm wrong. One of those 1st round picks should be for a vet. IMO the Hornets don't need to get too much younger. I would love to see Malcom Brogdon on this team.  A true pro. His affect would be similar to CJ McCollum with the Pelicans

Boukight is 6'5 that is perfect size for a modern SG..

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bouknja01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duartch01.html

Duarte is only a inch taller..

Edited by WOW!!

While his stats say he 6"5 he looked smallish when he was on the court. Boukinght is a talent no doubt that. I hope my feelings about him change. It won't be the first time I was wrong. I think Thor and Kai is more of what we need. Nice long athletic players with a chance to help us improve defensively 

On 4/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, NavyVet said:

Bouknight is 6'4", Moody and Duarte are 6'5". Not much of a difference there. Monk is 6'3". 

Great thread. The commom denominator  between all of them is probably strength then shooting. Bouknight is just a better 3pt shooter away from being the opposing teams nightmare in the league every night. Thor can be a really good 3 and D guy as well.