• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Give Ethan Bear Permission To Negotiate With Other Teams

The tweet only makes sense if the Canes are trying to extend Bear for less than what his QO is.

In this scenario, the Canes might be trying to sign Bear to a 2x$3M - $1.5M per year deal (basically something less that what his QO is).

I hope another team offer sheets Bear as I’d be happy with a third round pick for him and I personally want Chatfield or Keane to get a chance with the big club.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The tweet only makes sense if the Canes are trying to extend Bear for less than what his QO is.

In this scenario, the Canes might be trying to sign Bear to a 2x$3M - $1.5M per year deal (basically something less that what his QO is).

I hope another team offer sheets Bear as I’d be happy with a third round pick for him and I personally want Chatfield or Keane to get a chance with the big club.

I think both Chatfield and Keane will be up. Let's not forget Ian Cole and Brendan Smith are both 33-year old UFAs and probably won't be back. Keane really needs to come up as a LD, because the only 2 lefties on the roster right now are Slavin and Skjei. Fitzgerald may get a chance to come up. He's 26 and under contract for another year. As a 6'1" 200lb lefty, he could get an opportunity.  

Edited by Anybodyhome