• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't do demo

toldozer

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The average homeowner is going to get a much better job done a lot quicker with a lot less headaches and might even save money when all is said and done by hiring a pro to do any type of significant project. It's just the truth.

Yep. Did a large renovation of an old biker bar that was being turned into an vacation rental for someone. We did all the demo and structural repair, interior framing, plumbing and electrical, deck builds and siding but he wanted to do the interior finishes (T&G, doors, painting, etc) and trim himself. It's been like 6 months and he's still there working every day that I drive past and if he had just hired us to finish the job completely it would have been finished within a month of additional time.

Also, it looks like pure poo, I swung in to say hello and saw that he had all pre-hung split jamb doors and obviously had no clue how to make extension jambs amongst a myriad of other awful things, I just kind of walked about shaking my head.

Edited by Floppin