• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans preemptively settle with 30 women

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Didn't someone in the Texans organization book some of these women for Watson's massage sessions?  If so, they were enabling his behavior.  To the extent the organization knew how he conducting himself during these massages is the part they probably didn't want out in public.  If, and this is a big IF, Watson had these scheduled for him and he was expecting certain things, then the Texans were definitely culpable...even if it was just a few people in the organization that knew.

Don't think anyone needs an NDA for a simple massage.

The fact that they gave him one would look pretty bad.

On 7/16/2022 at 1:57 AM, Jackie Lee said:

I understand why they settled as soon as possible. If there was no guilt in the organization they would have told Buzbee to fug off for free

No, that's not how these things work. The accusation is bad regardless of guilt so then the Texans have to go and try the cases in public, in front of the NFL, and in court. They couldn't just say "fug off" and it be free. Litigation isn't cheap, the PR hit isn't cheap, and the NFL could and very well may conduct their own investigation and fine McNair directly.

So there is nothing cheap about the accusation whether it has merrit or not.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:25 PM, stbugs said:

Sorry, but I disagree with you guys on this. I think the Texans just want their name out of the picture and are willing to pay a little to do it. The chances of success suing the Texans was much smaller than Watson. Watson did it, not the Texans. I think they probably threw out a $50k or so deal just to make their brand clean again. Let Cleveland be linked with Watson. Considering the revenue sharing and the fact that NFL teams are now $4B companies, throwing out a million or two is chump change and the lawyers would jump on the free cash knowing they might not get anything from the Texans.

The Texans were involved in the encounters.  You must have missed that part.