• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A bit of perspective (re Corral)

t96

49 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Mayfield was a better QB in college than Corrall.  Everything negative you said about Baker in the NFL applies to Corrall in college.

Corrall hasn't even shown in camp that we should "crown his ass."

Be patient.  Give the kid time to develop.  Sheesh.

Corral didn't play as many games as Baker in college. He also played in the SEC , and that means a lot whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Furthermore, when you add in the rushing production, the numbers are a lot closer. 

You are trying to act like I don't want to give MC9 time to develop, but I have lots of posts saying and suggesting that very thing. I have been consistent with it, and anyone paying attention knows that.

I should be the one saying "sheesh," because of the seemingly concerted effort by some to try and downplay the kid's skills when it comes to Mayfield. Talking about "irritating..."

Just now, rippadonn said:

Mayfield failed in the NFL.

I wouldn't say setting the rookie TD record while playing only 13.5 games is "failing". I wouldn't say a career 68 TDs to 3 interceptions in he RZ as "failing".

After the 2018 season, Baker was considered by some the best QB in the class.  Right after the 2020 they were comparing him to Burrow: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/joe-burrow-vs-baker-mayfield-whos-leading-your-new-nfl-franchise/

He had an injury riddled season last year behind an decimated OL that allowed him to be sacked more than Darnold and yet he still put up better numbers than Sam, including 8 more touchdowns.  How many games did we lose by 1 score? 

Just now, top dawg said:

Corral didn't play as many games as Baker in college. He also played in the SEC , and that means a lot whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Furthermore, when you add in the rushing production, the numbers are a lot closer. 

You are trying to act like I don't want to give MC9 time to develop, but I have lots of posts saying and suggesting that very thing. I have been consistent with it, and anyone paying attention knows that.

I should be the one saying "sheesh," because of the seemingly concerted effort by some to try and downplay the kid's skills when it comes to Mayfield. Talking about "irritating..."

Even on a per game basis, Baker was superior in college.  As for tough opponents, Baker carved up Georgia in the Rose Bowl.  Georgia entered the game allowing just 13.2 points and 270.9 yards per game, 4th  nationally in each category. The Sooners gained 360 yards and led 31-17 at halftime.  Mayfield threw for 287 yards, two touchdowns, and caught a touchdown pass that gave the Sooners a 17-point lead with 6 seconds left in the first half.   They lost 54-48 in double OT, but it wasn't because of the O, or Baker.

Corrall has skill.  He'll probably become a really good QB, and he may be our long term answer.  Lets see him in a preseason game before we "crown his ass." 

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

Even on a per game basis, Baker was superior in college.  As for tough opponents, Baker carved up Georgia in the Rose Bowl.  Georgia entered the game allowing just 13.2 points and 270.9 yards per game, 4th  nationally in each category. The Sooners gained 360 yards and led 31-17 at halftime.  Mayfield threw for 287 yards, two touchdowns, and caught a touchdown pass that gave the Sooners a 17-point lead with 6 seconds left in the first half.   They lost 54-48 in double OT, but it wasn't because of the O, or Baker.

Corrall has skill.  He'll probably become a really good QB, and he may be our long term answer.  Lets see him in a preseason game before we "crown his ass." 

If Corral had been playing for Georgia, he'd have beat Baker's ass.🤟

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article263221493.html

"The Panthers did call Corral to inform him of the trade and ensured him that he is still their future of the position, according to a league source."

If anyone crowned his ass, it wasn't me.

North Carolina Idk GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

If Corral had been playing for Georgia, he'd have beat Baker's ass.

"The Panthers did call Corral to inform him of the trade and ensured him that he is still their future of the position, according to a league source."

When did Corral play D?

You and I know that doesn't mean he's crowned.  It means he has chance to earn is spot.  He has to beat the guys in front of him, and he might.  Sheesh.🙄

Edited by poundaway