• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker be starting

uncfan888

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Those are all your opinions not facts. Cam was a stud back in 2015 too. Doesn't mean anything now. You think Baker can take us to a championship? You going to re-sign him when we have no money next year? Guaranteed you are another fan that loves mediocrity and doesn't think about the future or a super bowl.

Look at his PFF numbers under pressure and when he doesn't have the best Oline in the NFL like in 2020. Browns had the most talented roster in the league and Baker held them back. Why they had to pay to get rid of him.

• Poo 1

Those are all your opinions not facts. Cam was a stud back in 2015 too. Doesn't mean anything now. You think Baker can take us to a championship? You going to re-sign him when we have no money next year? Guaranteed you are another fan that loves mediocrity and doesn't think about the future or a super bowl.

I think you have swapped the definitions of "facts" and "opinions" as you are constantly expressing opinions, baseless and fact-less, while I offered you historical win totals, rankings (i.e. facts). 

As for the money, that is valid, however, the cap is fluid and teams find a way to sign QBs, especially. 

As for your guarantees and mediocrity, that's another 'opinion' of yours... just let it rest, like your take on Mayfield. We've all heard it enough, in every thread.

• Pie 2

Browns had the most talented roster in the league and Baker held them back. Why they had to pay to get rid of him.

This is so patently false I am going to stop engaging with you.  The Browns were a middling team who couldn't carry an injured quarterback, not the other way around. 

• Flames 1

Just now, AlphabetsEnd said:

I think you have swapped the definitions of "facts" and "opinions" as you are constantly expressing opinions, baseless and fact-less, while I offered you historical win totals, rankings (i.e. facts). 

As for the money, that is valid, however, the cap is fluid and teams find a way to sign QBs, especially. 

As for your guarantees and mediocrity, that's another 'opinion' of yours... just let it rest, like your take on Mayfield. We've all heard it enough, in every thread.

No one answers my questions when I ask "Can Baker win us a super bowl?" "How do we build a roster if we pay Baker next year?" And why did the Browns pay to get rid of the guy and guarantee/trade for a sexual predator if he is so good?" 8-9 wins means nothing to me sorry. I have bigger goals.

• Poo 3

6 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

This is so patently false I am going to stop engaging with you.  The Browns were a middling team who couldn't carry an injured quarterback, not the other way around. 

You used PFF. PFF had the Browns as the #1 Oline that year with OBJ (whose Dad/himself begged to get rid of Baker), Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, a TE that they just paid instead of Baker and a stud defense. Even the biggest Baker lovers (still not as big of a simp as you) would admit that was arguably the most loaded roster in the NFL. Why do you think they got rid of Baker then and went after a sexual predator if he is so good?

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Poo 1

35 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

I’d say he’s QB15 at best. Just too many good QB’s out there (see 14 below). Hopefully he has a bounce back season now that he’s healthy but our team just isn’t talented enough to do real damage with a middle of the pack QB. 

Tom Brady

Josh Allen

Patrick Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Justin Herbert

Joe Burrow

Lamar Jackson

Matthew Stafford

Russell Wilson

Kirk Cousins

Derek Carr

Dak Prescott

Deshaun Watson

Kyler Murray

Edited by Double Trouble

5 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

but our team just isn’t talented enough to do real damage with a middle of the pack QB. 

Carolina's WR room is far and away better than anything Mayfield ever played with. All of the QBs you listed above, save for maybe Carr, had significantly better WR groups and true WR#1s, which has certainly helped these QBs. Looking at Burrow pre and post the addition of Chase is pretty compelling for what an elite WR will do for a WR. 

Few QBs can elevate an entire team if it's not a solid "team."

1 minute ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

Carolina's WR room is far and away better than anything Mayfield ever played with. All of the QBs you listed above, save for maybe Carr, had significantly better WR groups and true WR#1s, which has certainly helped these QBs. Looking at Burrow pre and post the addition of Chase is pretty compelling for what an elite WR will do for a WR. 

Agree it's the best set of weapons he's had (assuming healthy CMC) but I think Burrow is quite a bit better than Baker and Chase quite a bit better than DJ. And that's no disrespect to DJ (he's very underrated/talented), Chase is just that good.  Bengals are a tricky example too because they were a 7 loss team that squeaked into the Super Bowl too. I just find it hard to imagine we become a legit contender in the NFC without a top tier QB given our pretty underwhelming play in the trenches. I'm rooting for the guy but I'm just not seeing the long term vision of this franchise. 

1 hour ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

OBJ/Landry > DJ/Robbie

Higgins came from Clev if that is the 3 here 

our TEs aren’t tilting the scales to our favor 

Clev had one of the best rosters in the NFL around Baker.   And he had a great backfield that was diverse and deep.