• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears reportedly reaching out to Cowher

Jase

With all of these guys it is about money and power.

And as to the "low class" stuff.....hogwash.

It is due diligence.

Every team does it, they even have the "worst case scenario" list in every team owner's desk. If it all goes south or a tragedy happens, who is on the short list.

The issue here is, it got leaked.

Methinks for a reason.

The most likely scenario is Ron Turner gets scapegoated and axed, Mike Martz gets hired, the Bears suck again next year, and Lovie and Angelo et al get axed and a new regime is brought in later.

Stay tuned.

We're not talking about the HC spot in Buffalo, Detroit or the like. If Chicago were to truly make overtures to him, I think the location argument quickly becomes a non-factor.

Not saying location, as in cold, or bad football town, but in regards to his home, and family.

And Epi, I hate to break it to you, but it is low class.

Not saying location, as in cold, or bad football town, but in regards to his home, and family.

I understood how you meant. I'm saying that may be the response that Buffalo, Detroit et al would get. Chicago is one of those teams in the NFL that you listen to if they call. As for whether it happens, I'm indiferent as I agree thar we're more likely to see Epi's scenario. I'm also hearing tell that there's some kind of rift between Cutler and Turner... Epi, have you heard any of that?

I understood how you meant. I'm saying that may be the response that Buffalo, Detroit et al would get. Chicago is one of those teams in the NFL that you listen to if they call. As for whether it happens, I'm indiferent as I agree thar we're more likely to see Epi's scenario. I'm also hearing tell that there's some kind of rift between Cutler and Turner... Epi, have you heard any of that?

lol ive heard of the rift between urlacher and cutler...man this team is falling apart...sounds so familiar I cant put my head on it!

Nobody is "breaking" anything to me.

It isn't low class, and every, and I repeat EVERY pro or college sports team has a list of replacements for head coaches in the hands of higher-ups.

Only rubes or n00bs think otherwise.

The corporate world does the same thing, as do departments in hospitals or really any other work environment you can name that has any size or appreciable monetary value.

Seriously.

The difference here is, Arkush got wind of it from "reputable" sources and made it public.

The Bears deny it, of course.

As to the Turner/Cutler rift.....we heard a bit about that when Cutler was first brought in, but since then both guys have said nothing that indicates this, nor has it been intimated on the local sports talkers.

The biggest beefage has been Urlacher, and that has seemingly reared it's ugly visage again recently.

Maybe C Town does want an identity change:

Urlacher "clarifies" comments about Cutler, Forte

Posted by Mike Florio on December 1, 2009 12:33 PM ET

We buried in the Week 12 Morning Aftermath (in order to get more of you to realize that you should be checking it out each week) some strong comments that Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher made to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports regarding the team's direction under quarterback Jay Cutler.

Here's what Urlacher said: "Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him. But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Now, Urlacher is "clarifying" his remarks, which when it comes to NFL players who find themselves gnawing on their own feet has become code for "retracting."

"I'm not taking a shot at Jay," Urlacher tells Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune. "I'm not one bit taking a shot at Jay. He throws it better, right? And we haven't tried to run the ball as much. That's true.

"But Kyle has won games. His formula works. So I'm not taking a shot at Jay or Kyle."

Nobody is "breaking" anything to me.

It isn't low class, and every, and I repeat EVERY pro or college sports team has a list of replacements for head coaches in the hands of higher-ups.

Only rubes or n00bs think otherwise.

The corporate world does the same thing, as do departments in hospitals or really any other work environment you can name that has any size or appreciable monetary value.

Seriously.

The difference here is, Arkush got wind of it from "reputable" sources and made it public.

The Bears deny it, of course.

As to the Turner/Cutler rift.....we heard a bit about that when Cutler was first brought in, but since then both guys have said nothing that indicates this, nor has it been intimated on the local sports talkers.

The biggest beefage has been Urlacher, and that has seemingly reared it's ugly visage again recently.

Sorry Epi, I can't agree with you on this.

Yes teams do have lists of coaches that they would like to bring in, if/when the poo hits the fan. However only shitty GM/owners reach out to those coaches while still in the hunt for a playoff position (although barely). It completely cuts their legs out from under them.

Archived