• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears reportedly reaching out to Cowher

Jase

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/11/report-bears-reaching-out-to-cowher.html

November 30, 2009 8:07 AM

WSCR-AM 670 reports: The Bears have reached out to an intermediary for former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher to gauge whether he would have any interest in coming to Chicago should the team decide to fire Lovie Smith, according to Hub Arkush, publisher of Pro Football Weekly and an analyst for the radio station

The Bears have denied a previous report by Arkush that someone in the organization above general manager Jerry Angelo was making inquiries regarding possible changes in the team's leadership.

"The Bears deny this report but my sources, who are impeccable, insist that it's true: They have reached out to an intermediary for Bill Cowher to try to find out what it would take to get him, if he would be interested, what he would want in terms of staff, money, etc.," Arkush reported on the station Sunday.

Discuss. :ihih:

No way Cowher takes that job.

Why not?

And how classless by the Bears...if it's true.

Not a fan of it either, but in today's NFL and with as many teams as there will be pursuing the top talent at HC, it doesn't surprise me seeing teams trying to get pieces in place

This is what happens when a team plays like crap, they contact an intermediary for Cowher.

What's the big surprise?

Not so much a surprise as a low class move.

Yeah, they are having a bad year, but I think Smith deserves better than this.

You know the reporters are going to be all over him with questions.

I'm sure Cowher will likely be with us than the Bears. No way will he want to be further away from home with going to Chicago than Charlotte. And hearing the Bears might get rid of Lovie already soon kinda sound like an opposite way with Denver's situation with Cutler. Deja Vu! :P

Why not?

Not a fan of it either, but in today's NFL and with as many teams as there will be pursuing the top talent at HC, it doesn't surprise me seeing teams trying to get pieces in place

Location mainly.

I really do think that he has his eyes set on the Panthers...though I am not really excited to say so.

Archived