• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or GoogleĀ accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account.Ā 

Members receive fewer adsĀ , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ā 

Best Bar in Uptown/South End to Watch the Game this Sunday?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about driving up from Winston to watch the game at a good Panthers atmosphere. I haven't lived in Charlotte for almost 10 years, but I remember "Cans" and "All American Pub" being good places to watch a game. Is this still the case?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks for any info, and, yes, I understand the hate for my username. Ha

Just now, TheCasillas said:

depends on the vibe you are looking for... personally ive enjoyed Ed's Tavern or Dilworth Neighborhood Grill. That is since I have turned 35. Now ask me 24-34... Slate and AAP. If you want a rager those are the locations until they close down end of this year (I think).

I'm 36, but I am sometimes in the mood for a rager. I appreciate it, man.Ā Slate and AAP are closing for good?

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

depends on the vibe you are looking for... personally ive enjoyed Ed's Tavern or Dilworth Neighborhood Grill. That is since I have turned 35. Now ask me 24-34... Slate and AAP. If you want a rager those are the locations until they close down end of this year (I think).

Agree. Iā€™ve been everywhere and Edā€™s is the best. Itā€™s a sport/fan environment.

AllĀ American/Slate area is more frat boy/barĀ slut environmentā€¦but there are a couple bars around there and further north that are ok.

Eds is still most comfy imo and has it all, eye candy, die hard fans, and decent food, not overcrowded but not dead, nice outdoor space, pool.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Agree. Iā€™ve been everywhere and Edā€™s is the best. Itā€™s a sport/fan environment.

AllĀ American/Slate area is more frat boy/barĀ slut environmentā€¦but there are a couple bars around there and further north that are ok.

Eds is still most comfy imo and has it all, eye candy, die hard fans, and decent food,

Good to hear, brother. You think showing up an hour before kickoff is enough to get a seat at the bar?

40 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Good to hear, brother. You think showing up an hour before kickoff is enough to get a seat at the bar?

Ehhhh, I like 2 hours, hour and a half at most, especially if you want an outdoor seat (which Iā€™d suggest)

another pro tip: Ru Sans in walking distance south has fuging awesome sushi/food if so inclined

jealous man Iā€™m fuging stuck living in the desert in mid west and there are a few Charlotte spots I miss, this being one of them

• Pie 1