• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Halloween stuff

cookinbrak

Been trying for 2 years to get the 12 ft skeleton from Home Depot. Called a couple of weeks ago, girl told me they were getting a shipment on the 5th (today). Get there early, hope like hell. Was on Walmart.com the other day, saw this little nugget. Ordered on Wednesday, delivered on Friday. Suck it, Home Depot.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gemmy-Animated-Giant-Posable-Pumpkin-Ghoul-12-ft/715683048

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Whoever rebuilds the front porch 15 years or so from now on my house I sold in CO is gonna poo themselves. I bought a realistic plastic skeleton and laid it under the decking when I rebuilt it. When they rip up that decking it's gonna look like they uncovered a murder victim. 😂 😂 😂

Animated GIF

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I've built a deck,  but I don't consider myself qualified to do electrical and plumbing work and fug laying tile.

I generally shy away from electrical unless it's very basic stuff. Replacing fixtures, stuff like that. If it involves the panel I'm out. I'll call somebody for that. Plumbing? Yeah, I'll do that. PVC plumbing couldn't be easier. I just had to redo the condensation pipe and trap on my AC last week because it was leaking because it wasn't built correctly in the first place.

From this:

PXL_20220828_194711235.thumb.jpg.a44729a492bd4190bbe3fad7e0f5611f.jpg

To this:

PXL_20220830_220922273.thumb.jpg.7fe87954ab1affa8dde1cab69e76cff8.jpg

It's still not technically correct. The pump should be lower than the trap but I was was going to have to completely rerun the pump hose to do that so I figured I'd fudge it and try it this way first to see if I could get by. I got a little carried away with the primer but whatever. It's in a utility closet downstairs in the den. I don't really care what it looks like. 😂