• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict: Which Week Sam Darnold will be inserted Starter by?

SammyFranchise

Predict Which Week Sam Darnold will get his first Start  

79 members have voted

1. 1. When will Sam make his first start?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week9+ or Later
    • Never! Baker will start the entire season regardless how trash he is.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2022 at 06:18 AM

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

When did the outplaying happen because I never saw that. Matt Rhule said Baker "won" the job "won" the C on his chest I never saw a "competition".

His "competition" was just two players and nobody else and Sam was vanquished by what? Bakers talent? Rhule was hooking poor Baker up. This wasn't about skill or competition it was about his collection of wayward QBs on Teppers dime and our time.

Baker won't last a year, it's on to the next next year, probably a failed QB from elsewhere.

Baker sucks worst than Sam Im also sure Baker has more fans too and that's OK but Baker ain't playing better football than anybody even Sam.

Good lord, do you follow the team at all? Last time I checked Baker wasn’t signed off the street last year, he was acquired just a few months ago in a trade. I was talking about Cam Newton and how he outplayed Sam even though he’s completely broken. Thanks for all the words though that have zero to do with what I posted.

Edited by X-Clown

On 9/27/2022 at 3:32 PM, 3838 said:

We have some real "nuggets" on the Huddle and the individual that started this thread proves it.

Did you… is this an Owen Hart reference? 

that’s kinda… but it’s been long enough.. but still..? 

don’t get me wrong, props for dropping it, but still….

10 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Good lord, do you follow the team at all? Last time I checked Baker wasn’t signed off the street last year, he was acquired just a few months ago in a trade. I was talking about Cam Newton and how he outplayed Sam even though he’s completely broken. Thanks for all the words though that have zero to do with what I posted.

Ok, but there's no way anybody can say Baker is better than Sam, nobody with eyes.

Sam didn't beat Cam, that was a silly Rhule choice of playing both when Sam came back from injury.

Cam Newton today>>>>>Sam>>>>>Baker

30 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Ok, but there's no way anybody can say Baker is better than Sam, nobody with eyes.

Sam didn't beat Cam, that was a silly Rhule choice of playing both when Sam came back from injury.

Cam Newton today>>>>>Sam>>>>>Baker

12 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Edited by X-Clown

I'm in no way saying Sam is a good QB. I'm just saying Baker is far behind Sam and it was obvious to me watching them up close.

Baker was a stupid Rhule PR decision that backfired because this guy is worse than Sam and Rhule (as we guessed) had already committed to Baker through trade thus his "competition" was a damn dirty lie in the first place trying to fool Sam, the team and the public.

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm in no way saying Sam is a good QB. I'm just saying Baker is far behind Sam and it was obvious to me watching them up close.

Baker was a stupid Rhule PR decision that backfired because this guy is worse than Sam and Rhule (as we guessed) had already committed to Baker through trade thus his "competition" was a damn dirty lie in the first place trying to fool Sam, the team and the public.

I haven't seen the mind numbing turnovers from Baker yet, so that automatically makes him an upgrade from Sam. And of course the QB competition was bullshit, there was zero chance that Sam would open the season as the starter. That was pretty much confirmed when we put all our resources into finding literally any QB (even a potential sexual predator that was certain to miss most of the season) that could possibly be an upgrade from Sam. It would have been the same situation had we kept Teddy last year, Sam would have gone into the season the starter regardless. Rhule tried to call it a competition just to appease the locker room, but anyone with common sense knew Baker was going to start the season against the Browns.

9 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I haven't seen the mind numbing turnovers from Baker yet, so that automatically makes him an upgrade from Sam. And of course the QB competition was bullshit, there was zero chance that Sam would open the season as the starter. That was pretty much confirmed when we put all our resources into finding literally any QB (even a potential sexual predator that was certain to miss most of the season) that could possibly be an upgrade from Sam. It would have been the same situation had we kept Teddy last year, Sam would have gone into the season the starter regardless. Rhule tried to call it a competition just to appease the locker room, but anyone with common sense knew Baker was going to start the season against the Browns.

Baker isn't an upgrade. He's crashed out, look at his demeanor.

Sam does make mistakes but when he isn't he's moving the ball better than Baker has by far. By far.