• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: "You have to have enough patience to see if things work out."

PantherBoy95

lmaooo oh man this guy is an absolute riot and delusional, I get what he's saying but at this point the fans don't need to be patient.
The Front office needs to start getting more things right than wrong.

He also didn't give a vote of confidence to Fitterer (who I think can be good in time)

He did mention that he's only 4 years in as opposed some owners of 40 years so that's fair haha

I think this has a very simple and reasonable explanation. Tepper came from being a minority owner of the Steelers. The Steelers have more Super Bowl wins than any other franchise in the NFL, so arguably they are doing something right. The one thing that the Steelers do noticeably different from most other NFL franchises is fire head coaches very rarely. From 1969 to present, a span of 54 years, they have had 3 head coaches. 

Given that, Tepper went into his first head coaching hire with the mentality of letting it play out fully. He did that. Tepper may prove to be a poor judge of coaching talent going forward, or it may be he just whiffed on his first one. The instinct not to fire quickly is fundamentally sound, but the flip side is you better get that hire right. So far he hasn't, but he's only done it once. Let's see how the second hire goes.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think this has a very simple and reasonable explanation. Tepper came from being a minority owner of the Steelers. The Steelers have more Super Bowl wins than any other franchise in the NFL, so arguably they are doing something right. The one thing that the Steelers do noticeably different from most other NFL franchises is fire head coaches very rarely. From 1969 to present, a span of 54 years, they have had 3 head coaches. 

Given that, Tepper went into his first head coaching hire with the mentality of letting it play out fully. He did that. Tepper may prove to be a poor judge of coaching talent going forward, or it may be he just whiffed on his first one. The instinct not to fire quickly is fundamentally sound, but the flip side is you better get that hire right. So far he hasn't, but he's only done it once. Let's see how the second hire goes.

Hopefully he will leave that to the GM

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Reasonable thought? On the Huddle? I’ll be.