• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Burns practically a "lock" to be traded before the deadline

saX man

On 10/15/2022 at 11:52 AM, saX man said:

To be honest, it makes a lot of sense.  We don't really have the room for him and he's going to want quite a contract.  It puts us in position to trade him to a place that can instantly sign him long term.  

Top pass rushers garner a lot of value---what do you feel would be the destination and comp?

Me:

Baltimore for a minimum 2023 1st, 4th, 2024 2nd

Baltimore or LAC 

2023 1st, 3rd

2024 5th

Y’all really want to trade Burns? He’s 24 years old and the only pass rusher on this entire roster worth a damn. This team would generate absolutely zero pressure from the edges without Burns. You’re taking a huge risk by gutting this roster of it’s proven talent to acquire draft picks when a new coaching staff wants players and the draft is a crapshoot. He’s scheme versatile and plays a premium position with zero quality depth behind him. I’m extending Burns and paying the premium to do so. 

21 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Y’all really want to trade Burns? He’s 24 years old and the only pass rusher on this entire roster worth a damn. This team would generate absolutely zero pressure from the edges without Burns. You’re taking a huge risk by gutting this roster of it’s proven talent to acquire draft picks when a new coaching staff wants players and the draft is a crapshoot. He’s scheme versatile and plays a premium position with zero quality depth behind him. I’m extending Burns and paying the premium to do so. 

I guess it depends on their sense of whether he wants to stay. I said before I think fans here have overrated our defense due to a combo of bad QBs we’ve faced and our offense isn’t exactly getting into any shootouts. But I don’t think we’re far from being a solid defense and if we miss out on Stroud, I think an Anderson/Burns edge rush combo would cause nightmares for QBs