• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Pats relationship with Mac Jones "gone sideways"

Mr. Scot

On 10/18/2022 at 6:13 PM, CPcavedweller said:

I said I wanted Bailey Zappe over anyone else in the 2022 NFL Draft as far as QB's we're concerned. The dude threw for 63 touchdowns in FBS in one season. He torched App State (sadly) and Michigan State with his comparatively poor supporting cast.

Now look at him. I also wanted Parsons over Horn. I wanted the Alabama tackle over Ickey. 

I hate being RIGHT GOD DAMNIT.

Go ahead and give us your pick in the next draft…before it happens this time

• Pie 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, ECHornet said:

Using Neal > Icky and Parsons > Horn as your draft guru proof doesn't float. Icky has been a better rookie than Neal and at a more difficult position. Parsons and Horn are two all-pro level talents. 

Horn can't stay on the field and his injury history, as far as I know, was not great at USC. Sure, he's an All-Pro talent. But you can win with an All-Pro type pass rusher (or two if you count Burns) with average corners. You're not beating anyone because you have average pass rushers and an all-pro corner, sorry dude.

Where is there more value? Safety, inside linebacker, pass rushers, interior linemen, outside linebackers, corners.

You can win with average corners if the middle and edge of the front 7 are stout which is what we did all during the Rivera era. Corners are a dime a dozen.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Go ahead and give us your pick in the next draft…before it happens this time

I gave it to you all before when I said Malik Willis would slide. I want Grayson McCall from Coastal if we are going to take a QB at all. I don't see a huge difference between McCall and Stroud honestly. It's hard to get a read on Stroud because the talent around him is so much better than anyone they play except Michigan. 

So give me McCall at the top of the 2nd round and the best defender in the draft at Number 1. Better yet, trade back four spots and take the best defender and get McCall in the second and rebuild your draft portfolio.

Obviously people aren't going to like this because of the P5 bias inherent but Grayson McCall is better than Bailey Zappe. More mobility, Arm strength, zip, precision, and accuracy. I've watched both in college extensively as a G5 fan and while I figured Zappe would be good, McCall has a shot to be really good. 

I'd also not count out Corral. Once he gets it between the ears that dude has all the physical attributes throwing the ball that you want in a starting QB. Love his release, ball speed, spin rate, and accuracy. Our sham of a QB competition really set him back. 

Let us all rejoice in the fact that Matt Rhule is gone so our GM can actually do his job. Hell, considering what we gave up for Darnold, I'd resign him to back-up money, let he and Corral Duke it out before fall camp, and go from there. If you're going to rebuild, just do it.