• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I just started a new gig

Khyber53

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 3:10 AM, Khyber53 said:

As some of you might know, I'm an old print journalist. In the past I've written, edited, published and even owned a newspaper. About a decade ago, though, I just had to walk away from it. There's just not enough money to go around -- the pool of outlets has been shrinking for the last 20 years and there are just tons of young kids wanting to do the work for next to nothing. 

Well, I got a phone call from an old buddy who does voiceover work. He let me know that a YouTube channel he works for needed a script writer and he wanted me to take a shot at it. And, well, I've been trying to say yes to more things here of late and so I did. Somehow I ended up with a great opportunity, bosses that are giving me the chance to learn this different style and who seem genuinely happy to have me. The team I work with is spread across three continents and somehow it is working out.

I couldn't be happier and more engaged. The channel is a true crime one called Beyond Evil and they're at the half million subscriber level and they're established in the field. I think they can go even farther. I'd really like to go with them.

Well, either way, my first video goes live today and if you want to give it a view, I'd be tickled.

Thanks all!

Cool!

This is one of the channels I am subscribed to and I watched this video before I saw your post.

Super cool!

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Cool!

This is one of the channels I am subscribed to and I watched this video before I saw your post.

Super cool!

Oh wow!!! So great to hear this!

If you ever have a suggestion or comment, just let me know! 

And thanks so very much for watching!

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Oh wow!!! So great to hear this!

If you ever have a suggestion or comment, just let me know! 

And thanks so very much for watching!

One of the big things about the channel that I and many others like, is the way the victims are always acknowledged and condolences are offered to families. Often, these type of shows focus on the culprit instead.

There was one episode about a freeloading son-in-law that had a line which made me laugh. (The story wasn’t funny, but the line tickled me). The narrator was discussing their job situations and said the male “took up relaxing”. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

One of the big things about the channel that I and many others like, is the way the victims are always acknowledged and condolences are offered to families. Often, these type of shows focus on the culprit instead.

There was one episode about a freeloading son-in-law that had a line which made me laugh. (The story wasn’t funny, but the line tickled me). The narrator was discussing their job situations and said the male “took up relaxing”. 

We try our best. My thing is I always want the people to be the story more than the crime. I really don't like exploitation and so many of our competitors (particularly the new ones) really go for the salacious side of things. 

We do like to throw in a zinger or two when we can at some of the less innocent characters, but we try to keep it subtle... no reason to piss off a killer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...