• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

I honestly just want us to go one and done with the ACC tourney and get this season over with. Hubert isn't gonna get it figured out with this crew. Let's just let him get his guys in here and see what he can do with them. If it's the same story next year it's time to admit Hubert's Final Four run was a total fluke and move on. Final Four run included, Hubert will nearly match Doherty's loss total through two seasons.

I'm gonna add that the modern basketball offense is bullshit. There is a lot of ugly basketball being played. Everyone is trying to copy Golden State but it doesn't work unless you have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. When you have two of the greatest shooters ever you can build your entire offense around just trying to setup threes. But when you don't you just get ugly basketball. There's no movement. Just ball screens without even any pick and roll. Taking turns playing one on one isolation ball. And jacking up threes. That's everyone's offense. I bitch about Hubert and UNC but then I watch other top teams and it's the same bullshit.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone is trying to copy Golden State but it doesn't work unless you have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

Very true. The thing Curry has done that is one of the worst things I've seen in the game is those way behind the line 3s. Since he showed he can do it whenever he wants, all the young guards have been trying to copy him and none of them are the shooter he is.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Very true. The thing Curry has done that is one of the worst things I've seen in the game is those way behind the line 3s. Since he showed he can do it whenever he wants, all the young guards have been trying to copy him and none of them are the shooter he is.

He's a phenomenal shooter. Best ever.

It feels like 20 years ago when Kevin Garnett burst on the scene and every young big man wanted to try to play on the perimeter. Like bro... you ain't KG. Get your ass down there in the paint.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly just want us to go one and done with the ACC tourney and get this season over with. Hubert isn't gonna get it figured out with this crew. Let's just let him get his guys in here and see what he can do with them. If it's the same story next year it's time to admit Hubert's Final Four run was a total fluke and move on. Final Four run included, Hubert will nearly match Doherty's loss total through two seasons.

They probably win their first game and if they do you are looking at Virginia and then either Clemson or NC State in the semis.  They have beaten both so not impossible but the way they are playing right now I am not super confident 

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

They probably win their first game and if they do you are looking at Virginia and then either Clemson or NC State in the semis.  They have beaten both so not impossible but the way they are playing right now I am not super confident 

It's been the same story for two years. This team can beat anyone in the country on any given night. They can also lose to anyone in the country on any given night. Do the bad shots this "offense" creates fall or not? Nothing changes except the shots falling or not.

• Pie 1

Here should be the coaching strategy for Hubert.  Should have happened 20 games ago.  DO NOT shoot a 3 point shot.  Period.  When you have been so bad at it remove it as an option.  Tell the team they have to score another way…like working!

They are going in tonight but the mind set must change

Edited by Shocker