• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rank Postions By Need For The Draft

45catfan

Leaving out STs, rank these 12 positions.  Currently we have seven draft picks (1st, 2nd(a), 2nd(b), 3rd, 4th(a), 4th(b) and a 5th).  Here are mine:

QB-1

WR-3

RB-6

TE-2

IOL-8

OT-12

DE-5

DT-9

ILB-4

OLB-7

CB-11

S-10

If nothing changes and we don't move down for anymore picks, OL, DB and DT will have to wait for undrafted FAs or low-end UFAs.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB

TE

WR

MLB

DE

FS

CB

We match up until the last two picks. Why secondary over other needs when DBs are arguably the strength/most depth on the team?  All starters are back and we are 5 deep at CB.  We just need backup safeties and as much as we joke about Temple players, I imagine Franklin will be re-signed if nothing more than his STs play.  Finding S#4 shouldn't be too difficult to sift through in FA.

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We match up until the last two picks. Why secondary over other needs when DBs are arguably the strength/most depth on the team?  All starters are back and we are 5 deep at CB.  We just need backup safeties and as much as we joke about Temple players, I imagine Franklin will be re-signed if nothing more than his STs play.  Finding S#4 shouldn't be too difficult to sift through in FA.

D-Jax might be done and I'm honestly not sold on Horn's durability. We could use more depth there.

I'll want for a legit sideline to sideline deep FS until we have one. Deon Grant is the closest we ever came.

1-QB

2-WR - The position is just a bigger impact than TE and I don't trust who we have.  We need to find a star to help propel this offense.  If we can get a star TE, then sure, but otherwise, I think WR is the higher priority.

3-TE - Would love this to becoming a position of focus again in our offense.  Geodart, Kelce, Andrews all seem like integral pieces to their respective teams and would be killer to find a guy.  

4-IDL - Brown has been a great story but we need a 3-down smushing multi-tech guy next to him to help shore the front.

5-LB - A clear need, Shaq will be gone.  Luvu and Wilson can only provide us so much. B Smith is TBD

6-DE - A fair need with YGM ain't thriving, Haynes not being a 3-down guy, and unsure if Barno has starter potential

7-RB - Foreman and Hubbard are aight but we need fresh legs

8-C - Bozeman restructure dependent

9-DB - Lumping all together due to versatility these days.  

10-OG - Brady & Corbett are the starters going forward, could use depth

11-OT - Is this a parallel universe? 

• Pie 1