• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: Panthers had 2nd highest offensive improvement since midseason, but also biggest defensive dropoff

8 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

You know what else hurts?

No depth in the secondary 

Being 2 LBs shy

Being a real 5 technique shy

Chinn at safety

That is true but the defense was better with snow.  That's why this is specifically talking about second half of the season drop offs. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

We need a real safety so we can move Chinn back in the box.  It's basically 2 picks/players for 1.  Who was the last solid safety we have had?  

Wilks has always specifically wanted Chinn at safety.   It has nothing to do with him being there out of necessity. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Really? He was moved to safety last year before Wilks was here? I thought he is there now because there aren’t many other options?

Its just been said by other coaches and Wilks himself how he wanted Chinn to play safety.  I'm sure you could find some interviews somewhere but I dont remember them specifically.   I do remember a lot of comments here when Wilks was over the secondary that of course he would want the best players in his position group

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Its just been said by other coaches and Wilks himself how he wanted Chinn to play safety.  I'm sure you could find some interviews somewhere but I dont remember them specifically.   I do remember a lot of comments here when Wilks was over the secondary that of course he would want the best players in his position group

Yeah that makes sense. I just hope it’s currently out of necessity…

• Pie 1