• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non-Panther coaching news

Mr. Scot

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Who would've thought a year ago that Russell Wilson would be a potential huge negative in terms of luring in their next head coach? The guy just looked THAT bad this year and you're tied to him for a couple more years due to that contract.

😳

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I know that I'm shocked to see Rivera playing bad vets over promising rookies. Very out of character.

I'd love to know the thought process that went into that decision.

It's probably a lot like the one that resulted in someone paying Pauly Shore a lot of money to star in movies 😕

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

😳

I'm not surprised. When you trade all of that and hand out that contract you're clearly all in.

If he doesn't jerk his head out of his ass this is going down as the worst single roster move in NFL history. It's not just a huge bust of a trade or a huge bust of a massive signing. It's basically both all in one fell swoop.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not surprised. When you trade all of that and hand out that contract you're clearly all in.

If he doesn't jerk his head out of his ass this is going down as the worst single roster love in NFL history. It's not just a huge bust of a trade or a huge bust of a massive signing. It's basically both all in one fell swoop.

I remember a while back someone tweeting about how Tom Brady almost got his team to the Super Bowl and agreed to take less money to help shore up other positions while Russell Wilson didn't even make it out of the first round of the playoffs and was asking to have input on the Seahawks draft.

Wilson seems to be one of the least self-aware people in existence. I can only imagine what the Seahawks had to put up with while he was still winning.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember a while back someone tweeting about how Tom Brady almost got his team to the Super Bowl and agreed to take less money to help shore up other positions while Russell Wilson didn't even make it out of the first round of the playoffs and was asking to have input on the Seahawks draft.

Wilson seems to be one of the least self-aware people in existence. I can only imagine what the Seahawks had to put up with while he was still winning.

He’s the kind of teammate who motivates his teammates by telling them they can be as great as him one day. 

With all the drama we have had this year I am still counting my blessings as a Panther fan. We are not tethered to a monstrous contract with Deshaun Watson or Russel Wilson for years. Frankly, even though it is still to be determined, I would rather have Darnold next year than either of them.