• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Silver Linings: Unheralded Player Shoutouts

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Not going to get into the RB speculation, but his name is worthy of praise and added to this thread. He seems to me to have done nothing bur deliver when called apon. Even tho the sample size is small he has been worth the price of admission. At worst hes wr 3-4 on this team i would love to see him get more opportunities.

I like to see Shenault used similar to the way the Niners use Deebo Samuel. Sort of a hybrid RB/WR that is a monster at YAC. I think he’d excel in the role for us if we take the shackles off the offensive playcalling.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He is having the second most accurate FG kicking season in franchise history, dumbass.

Outside the Atlanta game, Piniero has been money. This is one area we shouldn’t have to worry about this off-season. We can’t rely on Gonzalez to stay healthy enough for a full season.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Not going to get into the RB speculation, but his name is worthy of praise and added to this thread. He seems to me to have done nothing bur deliver when called apon. Even tho the sample size is small he has been worth the price of admission. At worst hes wr 3-4 on this team i would love to see him get more opportunities.

No worries. I’ll lead the RB speculation. When someone makes positive plays at his clip (he averaged 8 yards per carry on rushes) I try to imagine ways to get them the ball more. 

I’m convinced he could at least be our 3rd down back. Clearly swing passes to RBs are what produce the most YAC per reception according to those leaders (WR were included but they just weren’t in the top 11 other than Shenault). 

That tells me either we did a FAR better job than anyone in designing our WR screen passes to Shenault, or that Hasta Laviska was just better than all other RBs after receiving the ball around the LOS. I think it may be some of both but more that Laviska is a natural with the ball in his hands and makes guys miss regularly. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

27 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

No worries. I’ll lead the RB speculation. When someone makes positive plays at his clip (he averaged 8 yards per carry on rushes) I try to imagine ways to get them the ball more. 

I’m convinced he could at least be our 3rd down back. Clearly swing passes to RBs are what produce the most YAC per reception according to those leaders (WR were included but they just weren’t in the top 11 other than Shenault). 

That tells me either we did a FAR better job than anyone in designing our WR screen passes to Shenault, or that Hasta Laviska was just better than all other RBs after receiving the ball around the LOS. I think it may be some of both but more that Laviska is a natural with the ball in his hands and makes guys miss regularly. 

Honestly, imagine the Joe Brady offense with Teddy using him.

He would probably be getting a lot of burn in that kind of offense.

• Pie 2