• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

North Carolina town puts out advisory after razor blades found on gas pumps

jayboogieman

The Forest City Police Department in North Carolina has issued an advisory after multiple razor blades were found on gas pump handles.

The department published the community advisory on Tuesday to address “multiple instances of razor blades being placed in gas pump handles in Forest City and surrounding areas.” It said that they are “actively investigating” the incidents in cooperation with the state Department of Agriculture.

Source

What the heck is wrong with people?

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Forest City. I lived there years ago. When I was growing up the county was really booming. Place just really collapsed in the early 2000s once the mills closed. I still have family there, hardly any industry anymore, large drug problem, and random stuff like this.

17 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Welcome to Forest City. I lived there years ago. When I was growing up the county was really booming. Place just really collapsed in the early 2000s once the mills closed. I still have family there, hardly any industry anymore, large drug problem, and random stuff like this.

That was Morganton when I was growing up here. Never imagined this little town would actually transform itself into a hip little up and coming spot. The breweries changed the game for this town because yeah, it was absolutely spiraling the drain when all the factories shutdown in the 90s.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That was Morganton when I was growing up here. Never imagined this little town would actually transform itself into a hip little up and coming spot. The breweries changed the game for this town because yeah, it was absolutely spiraling the drain when all the factories shutdown in the 90s.

Oh yeah Morganton really has done well since then. My company used to do business with the Carbon plant and I would make regular trips up there. My wife and I still go and eat at Abele’s and stop by Rural King occasionally.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Oh yeah Morganton really has done well since then. My company used to do business with the Carbon plant and I would make regular trips up there. My wife and I still go and eat at Abele’s and stop by Rural King occasionally.

My grandfather worked pretty much his entire adult life at the carbon plant and retired as a foreman.

I live less than 10 minutes from Abele's. My house is on the northern flank of the South Mountains off 18 maybe two miles south of I-40.