• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should I pay this invoice? Seems really fishy

cardiackat88.

UPDATE:

Politely asked him for a more detailed invoice.

He replied with some of his logic and justification but I think he could see where it was headed.

He told me $2,800 was fair. I told him if he sent an invoice for that I would pay right away and not ask anymore questions.

He sent it to me about 5 mins later and I paid it right away.

I think it turned out the best possible way.

Thanks for the advice!

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

UPDATE:

Politely asked him for a more detailed invoice.

He replied with some of his logic and justification but I think he could see where it was headed.

He told me $2,800 was fair. I told him if he sent an invoice for that I would pay right away and not ask anymore questions.

He sent it to me about 5 mins later and I paid it right away.

I think it turned out the best possible way.

Thanks for the advice!

free freedom GIF

Great! Now you are free from that problem. Whew! May the rest of the things go just as smoothly.

• Beer 1

I am a contractor, mainly in commercial and industrial. I do have some experience in residential years ago so maybe things have changed. Typically this is how it goes.

A) Customer receives quote from contractor and signs.

B) A credit limit is set up for customers with payment terms and agreed to. PO issued. 

C) Customer provides a credit card for payment if credit can not be established. (You would be surprised at how many well established companies and plants have horrible credit and can’t provide credit references)

If it’s Venmo I wouldn’t trust it tbh. Besides he needs to provide you with some type of proof that the work was performed and detailing what with a breakdown of cost for each line item. Maybe he doesn’t have the means to do it or the certifications but oh well it’s your $5,000 on the line. 

I would just have a conversation with him and express your concerns. Chances are he will just take the hit and move on.

Edited by Cdparr7