• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not sure who you're referring to, but @Leaky_Faucet hasn't been wrong about anything yet.

They said we'd be calling Carr today to talk money. That was the plan. Fitterer himself said so at his combine presser. We never got the chance though because the Saints sealed the deal last night and early this morning.

Our other recent insider went by The Crown and the Claw, I think. They predicted that Jeff Nixon was going to be the tight end coach. Turned out to be wrong, but they said afterwards that things changed. It happens. To my knowledge, they never said anything about Carr either way.

On a related note, it's kind of nice to have some insiders around here again so I'm sure many of us would appreciate if guys wouldn't be a--holes and run them off like has happened several times before.

(unfortunately, this thread makes me think that might be too much to ask) 🙄

So, who is @Leaky_Faucet then? What is their main account. Why is it this random account is trusted here with you guys? Even though they're wrong?

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I mean, let's say it was only David Newton. He was still right.

Not really.

Newton said we weren't interested. Multiple other sources confirm we were. We just didn't land him. Not landing him isn't the same as not being interested.

I'd add that Newton is somebody I always take with a grain of salt unless someone else confirms what he's saying.

So, who is @Leaky_Faucet then? What is their main account. Why is it this random account is trusted here with you guys? Even though they're wrong?

They weren't wrong. In fact, they've pretty much yet to get anything wrong. And they've said way more than what's been publicly reported.

Hence again why I'm hoping guys here aren't going to be a--holes and run them off, but unfortunately that seems like destiny here 🙄

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really.

Newton said we weren't interested. Multiple other sources confirm we were. We just didn't land him. Not landing him isn't the same as not being interested.

I'd add that Newton is somebody I always take with a grain of salt unless someone else confirms what he's saying.

We were so interested we let him go to our division rival. If he was a Jet right now I would be more inclined to believe it.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They weren't wrong. In fact, they've pretty much yet to get anything wrong. And they've said way more than what's been publicly reported.

Hence again why I'm hoping guys here aren't going to be a--holes and run them off, but unfortunately that seems like destiny here 🙄

Okay, okay. I get it. Carr was the Panthers plan A, and they let him go to the Saints. Makes sense.

• Pie 1

We were so interested we let him go to our division rival. If he was a Jet right now I would be more inclined to believe it.

You think every free agent we lose out on is because we weren't interested? 

(I mean, it'd be nice if that were true)

Okay, okay. I get it. Carr was the Panthers plan A, and they let him go to the Saints. Makes sense.

Yeah, that's not how it works.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You think every free agent we lose out on is because we weren't interested? 

(I mean, it'd be nice if that were true)

Yeah, that's not how it works.

No, no, I get it now. The Panthers wanted Carr so much, that they lost out to a team with major holes, that's cap strapped, and doesn't have much in the way of draft capital. They also didn't throw a trade offer before free agency as well. Definitely Plan A, definitely.

Just now, frankw said:

So far the leaky faucet dude is sitting on a big 0-1 with his claims we were keen on signing Carr. There's no need to cape for wrong and possibly illegitimate sources.

Liar Reaction GIF by CBS

I wonder who there main is. There's a reason posters here are going to bat for them.

Just now, Krovvy said:

No, no, I get it now. The Panthers wanted Carr so much, that they lost out to a team with major holes, that's cap strapped, and doesn't have much in the way of draft capital. They also didn't throw a trade offer before free agency as well. Definitely Plan A, definitely.

You get that Derek Carr gets to choose where he wants to sign, right?

1 minute ago, frankw said:

So far the leaky faucet dude is sitting on a big 0-1 with his claims we were keen on signing Carr. There's no need to cape for wrong and possibly illegitimate sources.

And here we go with the a--hole treatment again 🙄