• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a quick thought about Young & Stroud (spurred by Huddle Frank, not Reich)

top dawg

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We definitely needed another thread for people to argue about Young vs. Stroud. Thank you for addressing this need.

bro @top dawg made this thread for people to come together about Young and Stroud, this is where the people who would be happy with either hang out.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I kind of chuckled to myself when @frankw intimated that I'm a believer in Bryce Young.

As some of y'all should know, I am a Georgia alum. As such, I have my feelings about Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud based them being in the way of the Bulldogs these respective last couple of years. 

I can tell you that during the last couple of seasons, I was scared that Bryce Young would absolutely spoil my championship party. He carved my Bulldogs up during the SEC championship in the '21 season. Sure, we got the best of him in the championship game, but it wasn't easy, and I was on pins and needles every time he had the ball in his hands. If Jameson Williams had been healthy, who knows if we would've won? Moreover, I breathed a sigh of relief when Bama didn't make the playoffs this past season. It's hard to beat Bama and a QB like Young twice in a season. I just knew that we'd walk to a championship now that they were out. "Hallelujah!" Enter Stroud.

Man, you talking about being scared. Stroud could hardly do know wrong in the semifinal. You talking about going from a mental coronation--enjoying the cakewalk through the Buckeyes who really shouldn't have gotten by Michigan--to just being fearful of a possessed Stroud who was on a mission to flip the Dawgs' script. I was just sure that we had lost until we stopped them that last time (I was almost 100 percent sure Bennett would get it done if we had the ball last, which he did). And, of course, who knows if we had one if Marvin Harrison Jr. had been available? But, at the end of the day, we did just enough, really like the season before.

So, yeah, the way I figure it, how can I not be a believer in them both? I don't give a sh¡t about Young's size. I don't give a sh¡t that Stroud may not be as good off script or is not an improvisation god. I've seen what they both can do. Both of them made me scared that I wasn't going to see a championship the last two seasons (for different reasons, maybe, but they still did it). I am a believer in both,l and I believe that everyone should be.

Spider-Man GIF