• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Statistics: There is no correlation btwn QB height and batted passes

Saca312

4 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I understand your point, it's definitely a valid one. I agree that at times, it would be beneficial to see Bryce maintain his poise in the pocket instead of running outside, as the play could have been there for him. However, I believe that the ability to play outside of structure is more valuable than playing within the structure.

I feel it's preferable to have a quarterback who can improvise when things don't go as planned, especially since they may not always have an elite supporting cast throughout their career. Having someone who has shown effectiveness outside of structure and then teaching them how to play within the structure is more advantageous than asking a quarterback to learn how to play outside of the structure.

Of course, this is just my opinion, and I can understand how in a fundamental system, Stroud's ability to hit quick and precise throws would be a better fit. Reich's system is tailor-made for that, and I can see the perspective of choosing Stroud as the #1 pick for that.

Overall, they are both very close in terms of talent and ability. Both are deserving of the #1 overall pick, and it ultimately comes down to what the Carolina team values more and which quarterback is the best fit for their system.

What I am seeing on film is different than the narrative of the two QBs.  With Stroud I am seeing a QB who processes information so quickly that he rarely has to play out of structure.  But when he is forced to play out of structure, he can do it effectively.  So I am confident in Stroud's ability to do both while I question Young's ability to operate within structure.  

On 3/27/2023 at 8:41 AM, rayzor said:

i keep seeing this concern, and i have it myself, but i wonder if it's really warranted? I mean are smaller framed players, esp. QBs, more prone to injury? Do the stats bear that out? 

I'm going to start another thread about this.  seems like a worthwhile discussion. 

I can’t answer that but the fact that he’s already put on what, 12-15 pounds of muscle, bodes well.