• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly talking Bryce Young

poundaway

If we draft this dude and he blows ass I'm going ramp up my post count to Mr Scot's level with poo talking to everyone who wanted him.

I'll eat crow if he balls out, but I really just don't want a midget by NFL standards leading our team. 

5 hours ago, Fright said:

If we draft this dude and he blows ass I'm going ramp up my post count to Mr Scot's level with poo talking to everyone who wanted him.

I'll eat crow if he balls out, but I really just don't want a midget by NFL standards leading our team. 

Same but I dont see him making noise for 4 years and either he plays better after he figures out how to work with his size but that will be after we cut him. Or he is the biggest bust in history.

“That size stuff is great—but if that ball’s coming out fast, it doesn’t matter,” Kuechly said. “Drew [Brees] wasn’t a huge quarterback, but he was strongly built. But you could never touch him. You’d get close to him, the ball would be out. And then he never took clean shots.

“Like, that’s the other thing, too. These quarterbacks—yeah, they’re gonna get hit, they’re gonna get bumped. But the good ones know—No. 1: how to get the ball out, No. 2: how to navigate the pocket, and No. 3: they know how to not get hit clean. I think there's a real art to that. Get the ball out, know what you're seeing, navigate the pocket. You're going to get hit every once in a while but as long as you're not getting hit clean, you're not getting hit square—and then with all the new rules that they have, you can't land on these guys. It's not an optimal size. If he was 6'4", 250, that'd be awesome. But I mean the guy is so good. He played at such a high level at Alabama. He's done if for a long time at that size. He knows how to play at that size. Not optimal, but he's a heck of a player."

• 7 months later...
On 4/14/2023 at 3:06 PM, ncsfinest21 said:

People forget he was drafted by the chargers and it took him years to figure out how to get around his lack of size. If we take Young, he will be gone in a couples years and become good year 6. We dont have time to wait around 6 years to figure that out. He we someone who can deliver the ball and high accuracy. That something that develops very quickly with the playbook and knowing your receivers.

This was my take about Bryce. This will be the case. 

Edited by ncsfinest21