• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NHL Playoff Thread(non canes)

Panthers Fan 69

7 hours ago, Stumpy said:

From the Athletic with a slightly different perspective...

Who's buying away game tickets if we end up facing VGK in the final?

Las Vegas GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Me. I have permission from the wife to get away tickets if we are in position to win the cup ie. a game 4 or game 6. But I’d prefer to just go to a couple of home games and watch us potentially win it in Raleigh. Nonetheless I’ll be there. Once in a lifetime opportunity. 

• Beer 1

Why do I feel like this game is a regular season game? Not a playoff game 7. Nobody is chasing pucks for Seattle. Nobody is hitting hard. Both sides are avoiding contact at the puck. 

And of course Dallas scores on a breakaway. Fug. I wanna see Seattle advance. 

• Pie 1

Welp, was not expecting the city to vote against the district. They basically screwed themselves out of a landfill cleanup. If the coyotes move I hear the front runners are Houston and KC. Which I believe would both be successful markets. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

So Tempe chose a most likely hazardous material leaking landfill over this. 

It’s my understanding that the cleanup of that site was not included in the 2.1 billion wanted for the entertainment district and ownership would have fronted that cost. Could be wrong but. 

Edited by Harbingers

Actually the entire project was going to be privately funded. They weren’t asking for any public funds, the government was going to give them a 30 year property tax break. But the revenue this district would have brought would have made that obsolete.

Theres a bunch of people on Twitter saying “oh we won, down with billionaires, no public funds”. They do realize the entire thing was privately funded by those billionaires to bring a poo ton of tax revenue to your area, right?

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Dallas is getting drilled right now.

That is A not a game misconduct and B not a cross check. It’s obvious the NHL wants a Florida Vegas series. Somebody needs to dig some dirt up on bettmen cause I think his time is past.