• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for a good home for this little guy ....now resolved

ladypanther

Someone dumped off a pup...guessing about 8-9 weeks old at some unoccupied property not far from me.  He is so cute and sweet....love him but can't keep him (already have 2 big dog rescues).

If anyone is interested, please let me know.  I have been feeding him and provided shelter .  Would like to find a good home for him.  Local rescues here are full.

Not sure but he may have some lab...toes are webbed. Seems like a smart guy.

0.thumb.jpg.7b974055cbea7af23bc233523997abb8.jpg

Edited by ladypanther

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

You live close by...interested??  Or know someone who might be...

I would but I already have two big dogs myself and now I have this kitten... along with a chinchilla, three fish tanks, two horses, two mini horses, a goat... yeah, I'm full up. 😂

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would but I already have two big dogs myself and now I have this kitten... along with a chinchilla, three fish tanks, two horses, two mini horses, a goat... yeah, I'm full up. 😂

If you think of someone who might be interested, please let me know. Seems like a really good dog.  Just needs to be around good people.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Took him to animal services here...they took 1 look and said we will take him. Guaranteed that he would not be put down.  They some really good people running the place now.  Said I could check on him.  😀

Friends for Animals or animal services? They're right next door to each other.

Either way, yeah young puppies tend to get adopted out very successfully. It's adults, especially senior adults that really struggle with adoption. Everyone wants a puppy.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Friends for Animals or animal services? They're right next door to each other.

Called Friends for Animals yesterday...they said they were full.  Animal Services is closed in Mondays.  I decided a visit was better than a phone call, so I just showed up there with him today.  When I first found him Sat..you could tell he had been abused..he was afraid of me.*  By Sunday night I could pet him...Monday morning he was on my lap.

I put him in a crate to transport him and put him on the seat beside me.  He was fine.  When we went in and he heard other voices, he was terrified.  There were 2 workers at the front, and when I went to take him out of the crate he started yelping very loudly  like someone was beating him. (We had to take the crate apart to get him out.)  I think the entire staff came running from the back....including one who I think was the director.  I gave her a brief run down...she immediately said we will take him. Said they would foster him first to help him get socialized.  Said she would  give him some vaccines now.  Really liked her!  That place has changed so much with the new management.

I was already in love with that little pup and wished I could have kept him.  Appreciate the help from Animal Services and will try to do something nice for them in the future.

*Anyone who would abuse a puppy like that..I mean 8 weeks old???  Nothing but cuteness. That person is an absolutely horrible person.

• Pie 1

I've always had great experiences with the Animal Services folks. Always super gracious when I've dropped off donations. I only donated to Friends for Animals twice. Just the complete opposite experience. You walk in with literally hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to give them and they barely look up from their phones. Yeah, just put it over there in the corner. Thanks. Okay, maybe that was a one off. Second time, same thing.

That's cool. All my donations go to Animal Services now.

• Beer 1

I went to visit little Eli today.  He is doing great.  They got him a puppy buddy and I played with them both. He is doing so well they are going to take him to an adoption event Sat.

They need volunteers to spend time with the animals and walk them.  No schedule...just come when you can.  I am going to try to do at least a couple times per week.

• Beer 2

Good news...Eli got adopted on the 1st try.  He is now in his forever home. I am so proud and happy for him.😍

As I mentioned I have volunteered some time at the shelter.  I spend  time with whatever dogs/puppies they think need it the most and also do some walks.  I have met some really amazing dogs.  It is shocking the sweet animals that they have.  How they ended up in the shelter is beyond me.  Anyone interested in a dog or cat, please check out the ones at your local shelter 1st.  You just might find your next best friend there.

And anyone with a little extra time....or with a teen who needs something to do.....think of volunteering at your local shelter or humane society.  100% guarantee the animals will appreciate it.

• Beer 2