• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On My Radar: TMJ & Tommy Tremble

Bear Hands

15 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

For the most part, it's make or break time, but luckily they're still young.  Younger than most rookies.  

Yeah, I am skeptical just because that general time period seems so ripe with poor personnel decisions. Maybe not as skeptical as "scarred."

The truth is we really need some of these young guys to pan out. It really, really, REALLY hurts our future if a lot of them don't.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I am skeptical just because that general time period seems so ripe with poor personnel decisions. Maybe not as skeptical as "scarred."

The truth is we really need some of these young guys to pan out. It really, really, REALLY hurts our future if a lot of them don't.

With Pride & Nixon already gone, YGM, Taylor, STO, Deonte not panning out, the Rhule 2020-21 drafts are looking downright bad.  2022 had more Scott involvement--Smith, Barno, & Mays need to step up but have a bit more leash.  

2020 is going to be just Chinn & Brown as hits if YGM doesn't make something happen.

The 2021 class is the one that's bubble-types are hitting a make or break season.  TMJ, Tremble, Hubbard, Taylor, Deonte, Shi.  Time to show us what they've got.  

11 picks in that draft, I'd like to think we found more than just Jaycee, Brady C & Hubbard (maybe).  Just a huge year coming up for Tremble & Marshall.    

It's funny, in addition to the draft class, we also have #9 overall (Henderson), #42 (Shenault) from 2020.  We've got 2 first and 3 second rounders from the 2020 draft on this team.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

With Pride & Nixon already gone, YGM, Taylor, STO, Deonte not panning out, the Rhule 2020-21 drafts are looking downright bad.  2022 had more Scott involvement--Smith, Barno, & Mays need to step up but have a bit more leash.  

2020 is going to be just Chinn & Brown as hits if YGM doesn't make something happen.

The 2021 class is the one that's bubble-types are hitting a make or break season.  TMJ, Tremble, Hubbard, Taylor, Deonte, Shi.  Time to show us what they've got.  

11 picks in that draft, I'd like to think we found more than just Jaycee, Brady C & Hubbard (maybe).  Just a huge year coming up for Tremble & Marshall.    

It's funny, in addition to the draft class, we also have #9 overall (Henderson), #42 (Shenault) from 2020.  We've got 2 first and 3 second rounders from the 2020 draft on this team.  

TBH, I don't see much from Hubbard that makes me think he is anything more than a 3rd string or PS level player. 

Brady C looks like he could end up being a very good backup utility OL, so that is nice. Horn is clearly an elite talent but availability is an ability. I really hope he can stay healthy for long periods of time.

Even before those Rhule drafts, Hurney was stinking it up in his return. 

It's just so incredibly tough to build a good franchise when you whiff that much in multiple drafts. Literally everything you do personnel wise becomes harder and more expensive. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

TBH, I don't see much from Hubbard that makes me think he is anything more than a 3rd string or PS level player. 

Brady C looks like he could end up being a very good backup utility OL, so that is nice. Horn is clearly an elite talent but availability is an ability. I really hope he can stay healthy for long periods of time.

Even before those Rhule drafts, Hurney was stinking it up in his return. 

It's just so incredibly tough to build a good franchise when you whiff that much in multiple drafts. Literally everything you do personnel wise becomes harder and more expensive. 

I agree w/Hubbard, I'm indifferent to Chubba.  He had nice moments last year but he's not a cemented asset moving forward.  

Brady may end up working out best as our new Hang'man instead of a long term LG.  Lots of misses these past 4 years.  

Patriots are experiencing the same thing right now.  Bill B hasn't been drafting well and they haven't managed to build a good enough team post-Brady.  Starting to really slip.  

• Beer 1

On 5/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, WhoKnows said:

Future WR2? He was our WR2 in 2022. Only DJ had more snaps. After week 6, Robby was gone and in those 11 weeks, he had one game at 62% snap counts and 10 weeks of 85-93% snap counts. Again, this is why I think he may get buried barring injuries because after Robby left he was basically playing all game and got 24 receptions in 11 games. We’ve got way more mouths to feed in the passing game now even with DJ gone.

I'm leaning into positive intent for all thoughts on TMJ's production based off two sub-par OCs and a QB carosuel of garbage players during his first two years. 

I think a full healthy year with more weapons that opposing defenses have to accomodate, and a bevy of talented coaches helping him out should yield solid WR2 numbers. Kid was drafted at 20 years old and his LSU tape looked damn good in a crowded WR room with Jefferson and Chase.